I love watching and reading the top 5 books people pick for every season but I never do this kind of post, so let's remedy this and start doing it this year.
And let's start with this past winter, I have been reading tons of books lately but we are going to talk about all the books that I read in December, January and February and then pick my 5 favorites of all the them.
Okay, let's start with the month of December; I read a total of 5 books; not a lot of reading but it was Christmas time and I spend most of my time shopping and wrapping gifts lol; here are the books that I read:
1. Ten Thousands Skies Above you by Claudia Gray: 4 stars
2. Lady Renegades by Rachel Hawkins: 4 stars
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry: 5 stars
4. Cruel Crown by Victoria Aveyard: Queen Song 4 stars/ Steel Scars 2.5 stars
5. Emerald Green by Kerstin Gier: 5 stars
Now for the month of January, I read 12 books that month and here they are:
1. Wild by Cheryl Strayed: 4 stars
2. Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco: 4 stars
3. The Hidden Prince by Jodi Meadows: 4 stars
4. The Glowing Knight by Jodi Meadows: 5 stars
5. The Burning Hand by Jodi Meadows: 4 stars
6. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: 5 stars
7. The Black Knife by Jodi Meadows: 5 stars
8. The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi: 5 stars
9. Prince of the Elves by Kazu Kibuishi: 5 stars
10. The Bone Witch by Rin Chupeco: 4 stars
11. The Magicians by Lev Grossman: 3 stars
12. A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: 5 stars
And now into the last month, February and I read the total of 15 books that month and here they are:
1. The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi: 4 stars
2. Rat Queens: Volume 2 by Kurtis J. Wiebe: 4 stars
3. The Moth and the Flame by Renee Ahdieh: 4 stars
4. The Mirror and the Maze by Renee Ahdieh: 4 stars
5. The Crown and the Arrow by Renee Ahdieh: 4 stars
6. Frostblood by Elly Blake: 5 stars
7. Escape from Lucien by Kazu Kibuishi: 4 stars
8. Looking for Alaska by John Green: 4 stars
9. Macbeth by William Shakespeare: 5 stars
10. Firelight by Kazu Kibuishi: 5 stars
11. A Torch Against the Night by Sabaa Tahir: 4 stars
12. Caraval by Stephanie Garber: 4 stars
13. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson: 5 stars
14. Saven Defiance by Siobhan Davis: 4.5 stars
15. Losing Kyler by Siobhan Davis: 5 stars
And now for probably the hardest part, my 5 favorite books for the last 3 months:
1. Losing Kyler by Siobhan Davis: one of the best second books in a series I have read in a while, so many twists and turns and probably a 360 in a story that you will never see it coming. Totally recommend this series.
2. Frostblood by Elly Blake: So good, I haven't heard that many people talking about this book and they should because it is such an amazing book.
3. The Giver by Lois Lowry: Everybody knows this book and it's such a short read but sooo good.
4. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini: I don't know why it took me so long to read this, I cried and cried and rooted for these characters so much.
5. Brown Girl Dreaming by Jacqueline Woodson: Another book with another life lesson and that everybody needs to read, and it's written in verse, it doesn't get better than that :)
Have you read any of these books yet? If you haven't then I totally, totally recommend them, especially my top 5 because those are so, so amazing.
What were your top 5 reads this winter?