Pages

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

Book Review: Far From You by Tess Sharpe

This year I have been doing the Diverse Book Challenge and I have been following their book recommendations and this book right here was one of them, I read the description, sounded interesting and I picked it up.  And once I started reading?  HOLLY MOLLY, I was hocked and once I finished?  I LOVED IT even more.

Let's jump to the review:

Far From You by Tess Sharpe

20738253

From Goodreads:
Sophie Winters nearly die.  Twice.

The first time, she's fourteen, and escapes a near-fatal car accident with scars, a bum leg, and an addiction to Oxy that'll take years to kick.

The second time, she's seventeen, and it's no accident.  Sophie and her best friend Mina are confronted by a masked man in the woods.  Sophie survives, but Mina is not so lucky.  When the cops deem Mina's muder a drug deal gone wrong, casting partial blame on Sophie, no one will believe the truth: Sophie has been clean for months, and it was Mina who led her into the woods that night for a meeting shrouded in mystery.

After a forced stint in rehad, Sophie returns home to chilly new reality.  Mina's brother won't speak to her, her parents fear she'll relapse, old friends have become enemies, and Sophie has to learn how to live without her other half.  To make matters worse, no one is looking in the right places and Sophie must search for Mina's murderer on her own.  But with every step, Sophie comes closer to releaving all: about herself, about Mina and about the secret they shared.


OMG, guys this book was like nothing I have read before, and all in a good way though.  The more I read this book, the harder it was to put it down.  The mystery?  Every time I thought I knew who did it?  Wrong and wrong again, it kept me guessing and that's one of the things I loved about this book.

Another of Sophie's secret is the one about her and Mina and that one you will find out pretty early in the book BUT I'm not going to tell you, I'm just going to say, so good and I'm pretty sure you will love it.

Another amazing thing about this book is that the book is mainly focused on finding out who killed Mina and about Sophie's addiction, about Sophie coping with Mina's lost, not romance heavy at all and sometimes you just need a book like that and this one right here? Totally the one for it.

Overall, an amazing book, but be prepared for surprise twists that it will take and enjoy the wonderful ride that this book is.  5 out 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment