Pages

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Book Review: The Bad Beginning by Lemony Snicket

When I heard there was a Netflix series coming for this book series I knew that I had to start reading, I just never thought that it would take me so long to start reading.  But, there are so many great books out that I want to read, you know?  But I finally got around in March to read the first book and I like it, it was cute...so let's get to the review:

The Bad Beginning (A Series of Unfortunate Events) by Lemony Snicket

19937186

This series follows the story of three children, three very unfortunate siblings who lost their parents and their house due to a house fire.  Now they don't have a place to live and no close relatives to stay with.  A friend and the family finance holder takes them in for a few days until he gets a hold of a distant relative that takes them into his house.  But when the kids go to live with this relative they find out that he is a greedy and repulsive villain that only want to steal their fortune.  And he treats the kids as his own personal slaves at home.

The kids live miserable with him, but what this villain doesn't expect is that the kids are really, really smart and they make a plan to expose him in front of everyone.

I'm enjoyed it, it's definitely a middle grade book, but I'm planning on continuing with the series so I can see how the story will evolve from here.

4 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment