Pages

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Book Review: Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

Okay, I'm going to admit that the only reason I bought and picked this book up was because of all the hype it was getting.  Everywhere I looked I saw this book, it is all over Instagram and all over Youtube, I just needed to know what all the hype was about and if it was all worth it, you know?  So, I went to Barnes and Nobles and bought it (together with a few more books because you can never go into that store and buy just one book, right? Right!), anyways, I bought it and placed it on my nightstand and I read it this month...and Holly Molly...let me jump to the review now:

Milk and Honey by Rupi Kaur

33246653

From GoodReads:
Milk and Honey is a collection of poetry and prose about survival.  About the experience of violence, abuse, love, loss, and femininity.

The book is divided into four chapters, and each chapter serves a different purpose.  Deals with different pain.  Heals a different heartache.  Milk and Honey takes readers through a journey of the most bitter moments in life and finds sweetness in them because there is sweetness everywhere if you are just willing to look.


Even though this book was getting so much hype, I didn't know what it was about, yes I knew it was a poetry book, but that was it.  Once I started to read it?  First of all I couldn't put it down, so I read the freaking book in one sitting, but don't you worry because this book will not leave my nightstand because I plan on reading it over and over again, that's how amazing it was.  Second of all, be prepared because it is raw, a very raw poetry book about everything that can happen to a women.  You will read about abuse, violence and in those poems you will feel the pain, yes in those small poems those words are so powerful and raw and real that the pain and reality is so transparent.  You will also read about love, loss and femininity and while you are reading all those powerful words, poems you will have a hard time picking which ones are your favorite.  I want to put a favorite poem here but I don't want to spoil the book for you, instead I will leave a page (page 80) and when you get there, let me know if that poem will move you like it moved me too.

I just want to finish this review by saying that every single woman should read this book, but also men out there should too, because they should know all the pains and also how big our love can be.

5 out 5 stars for sure.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment