Pages

Tuesday, December 27, 2016

Book Review: City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

The Mortal Instruments, I can't believe that I'm still reading this series and it's not because I don't like it because I really do, so...I have no clue, is it because the books are so big that they intimidate me?  Probably, but I did pretty good this year, I only have one more book left and I'm going to try to get to it this month, not promising anything :)  But this post is all about reviewing second to last book of the series and let's get to it:

City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare

8755776

Clary does everything is can to find Jace and when she does she can't believe that the demon Lilith magic bounded her Jace together with her evil brother Sebastian and the worst is that Jace has become Sebastian's servant of evil.

The clave is out to destroy Sebastian no matter what, but harming Sebastian is the same thing as harming Jace.  Alec, Magnus, Simon and Isabelle wheedle and bargain with Seelies, demons and the Iron Sisters to try to save Jace and Clary plays a dangerous game of her own.  The price of losing is not just her own life, but Jace's soul.  Clary is willing to do anything for Jace, but can she still trust him?

This book got so much better than the last one, lots of more action and there was a purpose actually.  They all had to find a way to same Jace and Jace?  OMG, I never thought that you could hate and love a character at the same time.  But it was all worth it, ALL of it.

Sebastian?  If there is a character so well done, it's him, I cannot wait to see him portrait it in the new series on CW because in the books he is the best villain.


4 out of 5 stars, I cannot wait to read the last book and find out how it all ends and then I cannot wait to jump into Lady Midnight and see what all the fuss is about :)

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment