Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Book Review: It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

If you haven't read any of Colleen Hoover books yet, then where have you been?  She is an amazing, amazing author and every book is just somehow different and amazing on it's own.  She just keeps on surprising me every time I pick up a new book of hers and every time there is a new one I just need to take a deep breath and hold off as long as possible because I know that she will break my heart somehow.  You don't believe me?  Then go and start reading one of her books, you don't have to start reading from her first book, just pick one, any one and come back and tell me if it's not true.

Okay, let's review her book that came out this August and that was...I don't think I have any words to really, really describe it, so let's just get to the review and maybe I will have a word by the end of it:


It Ends With Us by Colleen Hoover

Image result for it ends with us by colleen hoover amazon

Lily didn't always had a good life but that never stopped her from working hard for the life that she wants.  She grew up in a small town in Maine, when she graduates college she moves to Boston and starts her own business.  Then she meets and falls for a gorgeous neurosurgeon named Ryle Kincaid, and Lily thinks that everything in her life seems almost too good to be true. (Oh and she is right to think that way).

Ryle is stubborn, assertive and even a little bit arrogant.  But he is also sensitive, brilliant and has a total soft spot for Lily, but Ryle's aversion to relationships is just too disturbing.

Lily's new relationship with Ryle brings up thoughts and questions but it also makes her think of Atlas Corrigan, her first love and link to her a past she left behind and that she doesn't want to think about it.  Atlas was her first love, her protector and when he reappears in her life she starts to question everything she has now, even her new relationship with Ryle.

This love triangle is like nothing ever told before, Ryle and Lily's relationship started off so good and at the beginning of the book I wanted them to end up together and make the perfect life but as the book went on and we got to see more of Ryle and start to understand him?  It scared me, yes that's the right word and the only thing that I'm going to say because you need to read it to understand it.

Atlas?  I'm only going to say that he had a patience of a god, and everyone should have a friend, brother, boyfriend or husband like him.

Lily?  Wow, I don't even know where to start?  It Ends With Us, was the perfect title for this book and perfectly for her life.  She didn't deserve what happened to her and what a life that girl went through...

Conclusion?  This book, broke by heart in so many different ways, it broke my heart for the characters but also for all the women that goes through the same situations.  To Colleen Hoover?  Thank You!  For sharing, for writing this masterpiece and for everything in between.  Thank You!

5 out of 5 stars and if you haven't read it yet.  Please do it and you won't regret it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment