Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

Book Review: Sapphire Blue by Kristen Gier

I read lots of books this year and I have many that became my favorites but series that became my favorites?  Not many, but this book that I'm reviewing today and that is part of a trilogy?  Yeah, definitely one of my favorite trilogies this year.  I love the characters, I love the concept of the book and everything about it, so let's jump right into the review:

Sapphire Blue by Kerstin Gier

12637458


Gwen's life has been crazy to say the least since she found out that she is the Ruby, the time-traveler and part of the secret Circle of Twelve.  In between searching through history for the other time-travelers and asking for a bit of their blood, she's been trying to figure out what all the mysteries and prophesies surrounding the Circle really mean.

But she has help, first her best friend, Lesley follows every lead diligently on the internet, James her ghost friend teaches Gwen how to fit in at the eighteenth century party and Xemerius, the gargoyle demon who has been following Gwen since he caught her kissing Gideon in a church, offers advice on everything even is she doesn't need it.  And let's not forget Gideon, the Diamond.  One minute he is nice and charming to her and the next he is cold and rude.  She doesn't know why, but she will find out, don't you worry.

This book was everything I was expecting and more, I love, love Gwen, she is funny and isn't afraid to ask anything, which makes her the perfect best friend to have.  And when she is having a hard time learning to fit in the centuries that she needs to go to, she is just so funny and so out of place and she just fits somehow.  Gideon?  I don't even know where to start, I think he has a good heart and really likes Gwen but he also has been in the Circle for a very long time and feels obligated to them.  But he will eventually realize who is right, right?  Yeah.

The side characters are the best in this trilogy, they are funny and you get a gargoyle demon as a side kick, yeah the best for sure.

To finish it up 5 stars out of 5, I love it and totally recommend it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment