Pages

Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Book Review: Ruby Red by Kristen Gier

This year I started so many series, trilogies and some of them were some that I have had in my shelves forever but I hadn't had time to read them yet and then I read and now?  Now, they have become some of my favorite books of all time.  This next book is book one of a trilogy and this trilogy has become a favorite of mine for sure, I love the characters and the setting and concept of the books?  AMAZING!!!
Let's review it:


Ruby Red by Kerstin Gier

8835379

Gwyneth Shepherd's beautiful cousin Charlotte has been trained and prepared her entire life for traveling through time.  But one day, out of the blue and unexpectedly, Gwyneth, takes a sudden spin to a different era!  Yeah, instead of Charlotte, Gwyneth is the one with the gene of time travel and she hasn't had any training what's or ever.

Gwyneth now needs to find out why her mother lied to her about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the male time traveler from the other gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whole presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential.  Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover, who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.

This book was freaking amazing, more than amazing, Gwyneth is so funny, she isn't afraid to speak up and let everybody know that she hasn't been training her whole life for this job and therefore the reason why she isn't so perfect at it.  And by the way why can't they trust her?  Yeah, one of her family members stole something prior to her but she is not her, right?  And why all the secrets?   I just love her.  Gideon got on my nerves at the beginning because he was such a rule follower but then I warmed up to him and he is pretty cute and funny too.

And can we talk about time traveling, I want to time travel too, 18th century?  That's so freaking cool, right?  And get to talk to your other family members?  WOW, that was sooo freaking amazing.

Okay I'm going to stop gushing about it and just tell you that I gave it 5 out of 5 stars because that's the max you can give lol.  And if you haven't read it yet, DO IT.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment