Pages

Saturday, January 24, 2015

Book Review: Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

Today's post is a book review, and it's the second book in the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver:

Pandemonium



In this book we get to know what happened to Lena after she escaped and went to the Wilds.  The book is between the present time, which is 18 months after the escape and the past when she got to the Wilds.

I really enjoyed getting to see what happened to her when she got to the Wilds and everything she had to get through, how much she had to adapt, the people she got to know and love.  And I really like to know how she got involved with the resistance and wanting to help them.

No spoilers, so I'm not going to get too much into detail here, but I have to say I enjoyed reading more about the past than the present in this book.  I was mad with the present Lena more than one time, I felt like she didn't connect with herself at all.  I felt like going there and shake her and tell her to wake up.  And then there was Julian, how the heck to you connect with someone in a few days like that?  I'm sorry, I just didn't get it and still don't get it.  It wasn't his fault, I actually liked him as a person, I was mad at HER, not him, the poor kid didn't know better.

We did get to know the government a little better and holly molly, I want to be part of the resistance too.

The Wilds were crazy, it was nothing like I was expecting.  I thought we were going to get a small civilized population, but I guess there is a reason it is called the Wilds, it really is Wild.  And then we get to meet different kind of invalids?  Some crazy ones and some that we didn't even think that existed, that was interesting facts in this book.

The end, was totally cool, that's all I'm going to say.  Loved it, perfectly ended.  That small sentence?  Perfect.

That's all I'm going to say about this book.  Not my favorite, I gave a 4 out of 5 stars.

And that will do for this book review.  Did you read this book?  What did you think of it?  Did you like Julian and Lena?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment