Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2015

Book Review: Hopeless by Colleen Hoover

Happy Saturday!  Hope you are all having a great Saturday.  I'm so excited  to about today's post, it's a book review, but it's a book that totally blew me away, mostly because of the writing. 

Hopeless by Colleen Hoover


I finished reading this book on December 30th, so it was the last book that I read in 2014 and I am so glad that I finished the year reading so an amazing book, such a well written book.  Colleen Hoover is like one of my favorite authors right now, I just want t read all her books and I have a list going one right now.  Her writing is amazing, she just knows how to suck you in to the story from the beginning, and Hopeless is not a story that I would have enjoyed as much if it was written by someone else.  Ok, I'm going to stop writing about Colleen Hoover (as I'm probably the last person that hadn't read something by her) and get to the book).

When I started reading Hopeless I really thought it was going to be a light and cute contemporary and it would be a quick read.  And the only think I got from those 3 was the quick read, because I couldn't put it down.  The story was a lot more than I was expecting but in a good way.

In this book we meet 17 year old Sky, who has been home schooled all her life but how convinces her adopted mom to go do public school for her senior year.  Sky meets Dean Holder, a guy with a reputation that fascinates and scares her at the same time.  Dean has secrets, secrets that Sky wants to find out, secrets that could change Sky's life for ever.

That's pretty much all I'm going to say about the story line.  But, what I can say is that we get to see high school life, mean high school life, but also 2 beautiful friendships that Sky has.  Her love story with Dean, the ups and downs; it's pretty amazing how much it's in there and how much you can relate to some of it. 

The main story is touching and scary and I cried, and cried and cried a lot and there were times I wanted to reached thru the book a slap some people in that book.  Yes, my emotions were all over the place, I felt sad, angry, happy, relieved, so many of them in one book, it had been a while since a book did that to me so Thank You Colleen Hoover.

No spoilers, so I'm going to stop over here.  I gave this book 5 stars and would give more if I could.  Amazing story, amazing writing, amazing everything.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment