Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2016

Book Review: Paper Towns by John Green

It's Book Review Tuesday and today I'm reviewing my second John Green book, my first one was The Fault In Our Stars and of course that's a very high standard book to compare so...let's get started:

Paper Towns by John Green


Margo, Margo...Quentin has spent his whole life loving his adventurous, crazy and beautiful neighbor Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar.  They do go to the same high school, live across from each other but don't socialize together.  However, things were not always like that, once when they were little kids they used to hang out together and Quentin thinks they were friends but then they grew up and grew apart...well, life happens, right?

Just like the night when Margo opens Quentin's window and climbs back into his life, she is dressed just like a little ninja and she asks him for his help in a campaign of revenge, against some people who have done something that she never thought they would do.  And Quentin does what he knew deep down what he was going to do, he goes with her.  After their all-nighter ends, and a new day comes and Q arrives at school and sees that Margo is not there, always an enigma has now become a mystery.

Soon, Margo's disappearance leads to clues, clues that are meant for Q and him alone and he is willing to go all out to find out where she is, it won't matter what it costs.  With the help of his closest friends, Q spends his days and nights trying to find Margo.  The closer Q gets to Margo,the less he sees of the girl he thought he ought her to be...will he find her?

I totally enjoyed this book, I loved the friendships and it was just plain funny at times and a lot of times we don't get that on books and it was a breath of fresh air.  The mystery got me going, once I put the book down?  I wanted to go and pick it up again and find out where the heck was Margo, if Q was nervous?  I was nervous with him too...lol.  I ended up giving 5 out of 5 stars for this book and totally recommend it, want a good laugh and a good mystery?  Pick it up.

Once I was done reading it, I ended up watching the movie a few days later and I did enjoy the movie but of course there were a lot of things that they changed that I thought were really important from the book so it was alright, still enjoyable and funny but not as funny as the book, for the movie 4 out of 5 stars.

And that's it for this review, have you read this one yet?  What other John Green books do you recommend?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment