Pages

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

2016 Summer Reading List

Summer is finally here, it has taken a while for the hot weather to arrive in New England but I think it's officially here to stay and I read it somewhere that this summer is going to be a hot one and this girl here is not going to complain. With Summer here I feel like we somehow have a little bit more time in the afternoons and evenings and I will be spending some of that extra time with my kids doing some fun stuff but I will be also spending that extra time resting and reading of course.

And because of that it's time to decide which books I want to read this summer, this list is not going to be all the books I want to read every single month for the Summer but just those books that I really want to get to this Summer.  So...here they are:

1. The Wrath and The Dawn-I have heard nothing but amazing things about this book and it's time to get to it and now with the 2nd book out I have no excuse not to read it.



2. Harry Porter (I really want to re read this series)-Ah, I can't believe that I haven't started it yet and I wanted it so bad, I promise that I'm sooo going to do it.



3. A Court of Mist and Fury-I loved the first one and I'm hearing from all over that this one is 10x times better than the 1st? Holly Molly do I need to read it.



4. The Winner's Kiss-I just finished reading the 2nd one a couple months ago and it's time that I finish this trilogy.



5. The Invasion of the Tearling-I remember reading the 1st book last Summer and loving it so I'm going to continue the tradition and read the 2nd book this Summer :)



6. The Raven Boys-Yes, I'm going to hop on the wagon and see what the fuss is all about it.



7. Wild-I need a little light adventure and I've been meaning to read this one for a while now and after after I finish reading I can watch the movie with one of my favorite actresses.



8. A Throne of Glass-Yeah, yeah, I know...you can't believe that I haven't started this series and I'm going to fix that by reading at least the first one this Summer.



9. We Were Liars-Another book that I've heard nothing but amazing things about and it takes place in New England?  Let's get the show started...



10. Ruby Red-This is another trilogy that I really want to read this year, so I'm going to try to at least read the first book this Summer, time travel?  Yes, please.



11. Burn for Burn-Another trilogy that I really want to get to it and I am, I promise.


That's all the books that I'm adding to my Summer list, I'm pretty sure I will add more, probably a lot more but I don't want to over do it and then don't read any of them.

What books to you want to read this Summer?  Any recommendations?  Have you read any of these?

XOXO,

Nelia




No comments:

Post a Comment