Pages

Thursday, June 16, 2016

Book Review: Salem's Fury by Aaron Galvin

When the Aaron Galvin contacted me because he had seeming my review on the first book of this trilogy, and asked me if I wanted to read the remaining two books and review them I didn't even had to think twice.  I loved the first book and I knew for sure that I wanted to continue with this trilogy at some point but when he contacted me that just meant that I was going to do it sooner rather than later and OMG am I happy that he did, it was sooo good.

If you are interested in the first book and want to see my review please see click here: Salem's Vengeance

So...let me stop babbling and get to the book review:

Salem's Fury by Aaron Galvin

Salem's Fury (Vengeance Trilogy: Book 2)

Sarah Kelly is back in this book and is has been living in the wilderness with the Miamiak.  But she still fears her father's sins and that those sins will eventually be revisited upon his children, meaning her and her little sister, Rebecca and their brother.  However, Rebecca thinks differently; she has been adopted by the Miamiak and raised in the wilderness so she shares no concerns to her previous father's sins.  Previous father, because to Rebecca her father is Sarah's husband, Priest.  He has been the one to teach her everything that she knows and she doesn't even remember what her real father looks like, forget about what his sins was, but Sarah is always there to remind Rebecca of it.

But history always comes back to haunt and condemn those who neglect the past and it happens one night when a war party comes to the Miamiak and demand their aid in avenging their fallen brothers against the white folk who attack a neighboring tribe.  The Miamiak offer their aid and together with the other tribe go to war.  And the story takes off from here.

Ah, I really don't want to spoil the story but, OMG be prepared for Aaron Galvin to tear your heart out again and again. How, as always no character is save and from the beginning of the book you will see as one of the main characters, or at least that's what you think, dies and more death happens throughout the book. When you thought that finally a character had found happiness and will probably be left behind, happy and everything but nope, no one and I mean this, NO ONE is save.

Besides never knowing what is going to happen to who in the story, another favorite thing that I loved about this book is our main girl, Rebecca and what Aaron did to her and her story.  I loved that it didn't focus on a romance, it focused on her and her family and what they had to do to stop the curse that was upon them.  Sometimes you just need a book that isn't about romance at all and that focus on family first and what they are fighting for and this book does just that.

And of course, the history, I really enjoyed how Aaron Galvin grabbed that part of Salem's history and made his own.  That was so well done.  And to finish it off, loved the writing too, so easy to read, once I was reading, I didn't want to put it down and those are the kind of writings that I like.

Let's end this review with my rating, 5 out of 5 stars.  Once I was done reading this book I was sooo ready to jump into book 3 and that was exactly what I did.

XOXO,

Nelia




No comments:

Post a Comment