Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Book Review: The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton

Oh, this book review...so my son is on 7th grade and he was reading this book for his English class and he told me that I had to read it and of course I did and even though I had read this book when I was really young it was sooo good to read it again.  Let's review it?

The Outsiders by S. E. Hinton


Ponyboy lives in a world where there is two type of people, the Socs and the greasers.  Who are the Socs?  The Socs are the rich society kids who get away with anything they do.  And the greasers?  The greasers are the other kids just like Ponyboy, who aren't so lucky and because of that they get blamed for a lot of things, and because of that they also get in trouble for a lot of things.

Ponyboy still feels like he is pretty lucky, why?  Because there are a few things he can still count on, his older brothers and his friends.  The Socs are always causing trouble with the greasers, because an idea of good time from them is beating up the greasers.  The greasers try to stay out of their way but sometimes a greaser get caught and get beat up by the Socs and there is nothing you can do about it.

Ponyboy always knows what to expect from the Socs and his greasers friends and his life as one, but during one night things go too far and his life is changed forever.

This book was a quick and easy read but most importantly a great lesson for kids then and now.  I totally recommend this book, I gave it 4 out of 5 stars.  Yes, I had some minor issues with it, that I'm not going to go into it because I would spoil the book but overall it was still a great book and I would still recommend it.

Have you read it?  What did you think of it?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment