Pages

Monday, October 31, 2016

Book Review: The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

Let's do this...time for another review and this one is really appropriate for the time that we are in, right?  Halloween and nightmares go together :)

The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnett

15794940

Dusty Everhart is sixteen years old and she breaks into houses at late at night because she is a nightmare.  Yeah, she is literally a nightmare, nightmare.

She attends the Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magicking and because she is the only nightmare and living in the shadow of her mother's infamy is hard enough already.  But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker's hour, things get a whole more complicated.  He is hot, and sitting on his chest to invade his dreams is really embarrassing already and when she does she sees him dreaming of a murder and then his dream comes true.

Now both Dusty and Eli's lives are complicated and they must follow rules and clues, both within Eli's dreams and out of them, to stop the killer before more people die.  And they have to do that before the killer finds out that she is doing it or she could be the next target.

This book was okay, I liked the magic part of it and being a nightmare was something different and something I never read about it but once I was reading it felt...plain.  There was something missing, I wanted more, I felt like I was always one step ahead of Dusty and Eli and found out who was the murder way before they did.  I wanted more suspense and thriller from this book and I didn't get it.  It was still cute and the end was good, there was so action, finally, but I don't think that I will continue with the trilogy.

My final rating was 3 stars out of 5.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment