Pages

Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Book Review: Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

Have you started reading The Lunar Chronicles series?  If you haven't I have to start this post by saying, DO IT.  When I first started reading Cinder I didn't think I was going to like it, SciFi?  Not my cup of tea, that's for sure, but I am so glad that I gave it a change and read that first book because this series has become one of my favorite series for sure.

Stars Above is a collection of short stories, well I should say  mostly Prequels to TLC but the last short story is a Post TLC story and one that every single person loves or will love for sure.  Let's take a look?  Of course don't read this book unless you have read all the other books in the series :)


Stars Above by Marissa Meyer

25689074

The Little Android: this is a retelling of "The Little Mermaid" and redone by Marissa Meyer you will not be dissapointed!!!

Glitches: In this prequel we get to see the results of the plague and the emotional toll it takes on Cinder...

The Queen's Army: Another prequel, here we are introduced to the army that Queen Levana is building and to One soldier who is doing everything in his power to keep from becoming the monster that they are trying to make him.  I loved this one.

Carswell's Guide to Being Lucky: Prequel of Carswell Thorne, he is thirteen years old and he has big plans involving a Rampion and non-return trip out of Los Angeles.  If you think you love Thorne now, just wait until you read this one.

The Keeper: Prequel of the Prequels; we get to meet a very young Scarlet and how Princess Selene came into the care of Michelle Benoit.  I loved, loved this one.  Scarlet has been fierce from day one, that's all I'm going to say.

After Sunshine Passes by: Prequel of Cress; we get to see how nine year old Cress ended up by herself on a satellite and spying on Earth for Luna.  After reading this I just want to go to Luna and hug nine year old Cress.

The Mechanic: Prequel on how Kai and Cinder's first met but on Kai's perspective.  Kai, Kai :)

Something Old, Something New: Epilogue to Winter; someone is getting married and all our friends are together again and this time for something amazing and this wedding was amazing.  This was the ending that everyone was waiting for.  Thank you Marrisa Meyer.

What did I think of this book?  I freaking loved it, every single story, I didn't mind going back in time and reading about all these characters pasts, I was just happy that I was back in this world and we got to see one of our favorites get married and it was just amazing!!! 5 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment