Pages

Monday, October 24, 2016

Book Review: City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

Well, it sure has been a while since I read and review one of The Mortal Instruments books, I really need to read the last two books, I still cannot believe why I haven't done it yet.  Maybe it's because I don't want to say goodbye to these characters, do you know what I mean?  :( Okay, let's jump to this review before I spend the whole post babbling non sense lol:

City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare

6752378

The Mortal War is over!!!!  Clary is back in New York and she is officially training to become a Shadowhunter and use her unique gift.  Her mother is getting married to the love of her life.  Downworlders and Shadowhunters are at peace and most important; Jace is her boyfriend, she can finally call him that.

But peace is short lived, someone is murdering Shadowhunters and that is shaking the peace between Downworlders and Shadowhunters and that could lead to a second, bloody war.  Jace is off somewhat in this book and Clare is worrying sick about that.  Simon's mom just found out that he is a vampire and has thrown him out of the house. Yeah, things are not going so good for our friends.

Clare decides to find out what is going on with the murdering of the Shadowhunters and the Downworlders, even if that means she has to do it on her own.

I don't want to spoil the book if you are into the series and want to go into it like I did and find out for yourself and be surprised and that's to say it should be, right?  I did enjoy the book, but it was kind of slow at times and yes it did picked up towards the end and the end was great and really surprising.  I do want to read the last two books because the ending of this one left a door open for more and I really want to see where that leads.

I ended up giving this one 3.5 out of 5 stars, not my favorite of the series that's for sure but it was still really nice to see all of our favorite characters back been bad asses.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment