Pages

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Post Concussion Syndrome (PCS) My Story: 1 Year + Update

Hi everyone, it has been a very long time, actually this is a very well overdue update but also a very hard blog to write as many people with PCS knows.  It has been over a year since my accident (May 2014) and I'm still not 100% and that may be the reason why it has taken me this long to write this update.  Why?  Because it is very frustrating and disappointing, because I really thought that by know I would have been 100% better and here I am: not better.  I'm sad, that's the truth.

I am getting better, let me start with this, because I am not like I was a year ago, so it is a huge improvement;  there are a lot of better days than before, I'm not stuck in bed 24/7 for 5 out of 7 days.  But let me tell you, when I wake up every day there is still a throbbing pain in my head and I ignore it and try to go about my day as a normal person, however by 11am-12noon that pain increases and it's hard to ignore it and it gets hard to concentrate, AH am I making any sense?  I feel like I'm babbling over here.  What I am trying to say is that the headaches are still there everyday, they are not excruciating pains, but they are there.  And at least once or twice a week I still get migraine headaches, so yes I still get those excruciating headaches and yes maybe I should be avoiding a million things so I couldn't get these headaches?  Who knows, but I do want to live or try to live a normal life as possible.  I do have two kids and it's hard when they want to play or even just watch TV with you and you tell them that today it's not okay because your head hurts, but they can lie down with you if they want to and let me tell you they do, but after 15-20 minutes they are gone, lol.  And I don't blame them, one is 12 and the other 6 and they want to play and watch TV and I'm not going to stop them from being kids.  I do Thank God for my parents, they live with me and because of that I am allowed to just go to my room and rest whenever I want to, that's a huge benefit.

And I have to say, my husband is still impressing me everyday, he is still patient with me and takes the time to listen to me and let gives me his shoulder whenever I need to cry on it and I know it's not easy on him either so Thank You honey!!!

So, I just had my Neurologist appointment last week and I got out of there really disappointed,  I went there thinking that I have made some improvements so that would mean that I probably could be taken out of some medications, right?  Wrong!!! I actually got increased on one of my medications and that really got me sad, however I did get one piece of good news, I got the ok to start exercising.  I actually, just went for my first walk  yesterday, I only lasted 20 minutes and I thought I was going to die at the end but I am so glad that I did and I can't wait to do it again and again.

What I want to know, is if this will ever go away 100%?  Will I ever be the same person I was before?

I think I'm going to end right now, because as I right I realize that this is still a very hard subject to right about and sometimes it's just easier to ignore it, right?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment