Pages

Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Book Review: Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins

OMG, guess what? It's Book Review Tuesday and I'm here...lol.  Last week was, what's the word that I'm looking for?  Awful? Horrible? Painful? Well, maybe all those words and plus a few more that it's not even worth mentioning.  But, I'm getting back to feeling a little better so it's time to just look forward and not think about the past, right?

And speaking of looking forward and past, let's talk about today's post and book review:

Miss Mayhem by Rachel Hawkins


This is book 2 in Rebel Belle's trilogy and once I was done reading Rebel Belle I knew that I couldn't wait too long to read this book, so I didn't and I'm so glad in one way but know I have to wait for the 3rd book to come out and it's killing me, I need it NOW.  Ok, ok, let's get back to this review, shall we?  Let's go:

Harper Price's life it's almost back to normal, well at least that's what she thinks when her best friend, Bee comes back after been gone a while.  Harper learns that Bee has been with the Ephors but it kind of seems like they didn't treat her bad at all, which it's kind of weird at first, too weird Harper thinks, but she is just glad she got Bee back and now she can focus on the important things in her life, like school and David (her nemesis-turned-ward-slash-bofriend) and she doesn't even mind competing in the Miss Pine Grove pageant too.

However, things are never easy on Harper's life since she became a Paladin and now it's not different at all.  The Ephors are back and now they have decided they want to train David rather than kill him.  And to make things more interesting; they want Harper to come along for the ride, but she can't stay as David's Paladin unless she undergoes an ancient trial that will either make her even more powerful than ever or...Kill her.

But is this ancient trial truly what it really is what the Ephors say what it is?  What kind of trials does Harper have to go thru?

One thing I have to say, this book was not as action pack as the first one, but it still had me glued to it from the first page and left me craving for more once I was finished.  I want that third book and I want it now, I cannot wait to find out what it's going to happen with Harper and David.  And I really love how these books are all about friendships and love in the mix, and let's not forget about this Paladin and predicting the future thing, right?  Well, let's not forget about Rachel Hawkins writing, I love her writing and she is one of my favorite writers for sure.

Do I recommend this book?  Heck yes...I gave it 4 out of 5 stars, I wanted the same amount of action as the first book but I still enjoyed this book.  So, if you haven't started this trilogy, please do yourself a favor and go and read.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment