Pages

Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Book Review: Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge

Ok, this cold needs to go away now, seriously...one minute I don't feel that bad and the next minute I just want to be under my blankets and not get up at all.  This sucks I mean this feels bad lol

But I'm up right now, so I figured it would be a good time to do a blog post and here I am doing a book review.  And today's book review is:

Crimson Bound by Rosamund Hodge


Rachelle wasn't always like this, when she was fifteen years old she was a good girl, she was her aunt's apprenticed and in training to protect her village from the dark magic.  But Rachelle was reckless too, and because of her recklessness Rachelle is forced to make a terrible choice.  After an illicit meeting that goes wrong she is bind to the very evil that she had hoped to defeat one day and therefore she must run away from home.

Fast forward three years and we learn that Rachelle has been given the life to serving the realm, fighting deadly creatures in an effort to atone.  When the king orders order to guard his son Armand, the man she hates most, she forces Armand to help her find the legendary sword that might save their world.

At first things don't go according to plan, Rachelle takes a long time to trust Armand, and Armand does everything she asks of him to earn her trust but after some events Rachelle eventually realizes that she can trust Armand and that he is truly who he says he is.

As the two of them become allies and uncover the hidden magic and conspiracies nothing will stop them, not even a love that may be their undoing.  But will they be able to uncover all the secrets and discover the truth before the endless night?

I really enjoyed reading this book, Rosamund Hodge did it again.  She really knows how to suck you in to these worlds of magic and darkness and lots of action.  I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, why?  Maybe because I kept comparing the romance between this one and Cruel Beauty and I shouldn't but I did and I felt like there was something missing on this romance.   But overall it was a really great book and I totally recommend it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment