Pages

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Book Review: Some Kind of Magic by Adrian Fogelin

Today's post is another Book Review and today's book is a book that I got from NetGalley about a month or so ago and I didn't even had read the summary of this book. I saw the title and it I wanted because I thought it was about magic, well I was a little disappointed as it was nothing like I was expecting, but at the end I enjoyed. Well, I'm going to stop babbling and get to the book:

Some Kind of Magic by Adrian Fogelin

 


This book follows a group of teenagers and one of the teenager's little brother, during a summer. It's hot, school just ended, most of their school friends are away at camps but not them. Most of them cannot wait for summer to be over to start high school, while others just want to enjoy the hot summer days. 

The book is also told by each characters perspectives, so you get to know each of the characters a little bit more; but you can also get confused at times. At least I did.

One of the main characters is the little boy, named Cody, who is Ben's little brother. Nobody pays attention to him ever, that is until he finds an old hat, his runaway uncle's old hat that leads all the kids to the woods, to an old house. Ben has the brilliant idea to fix the old shed there and make it their summer hid place. But...
 
What they don't know is that something tragic happened on that house that will change their future forever. 

This is a quick read, that's for sure, I think I finished this book in less than 2 days. 

It was cute, the writing was ok. I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars. I recommend it if you like contemporary books. Don't expect magic, there isn't any. 

And that will do for today's review. Did you read this book yet?

Thank you NetGalley for the opportunity!

XOXO,

Nelia 



No comments:

Post a Comment