Pages

Friday, May 22, 2015

Book Review: Down from the Mountain by Elizabeth Fixmer

Book Review time and today's book is:

Down from the Mountain by Elizabeth Fixmer



When I first started reading this book I wasn't sure I wanted to continued reading, why?  Well, it involved religion and I'm always so afraid to read books about religion because everybody is allowed to have their own opinion about it and I don't want to discuss it, so I was skeptical about it, that's one way to put it.  But I am so glad to actually have read the whole entire book, because it was a lot more than just religion, well let's let get to the review.

This book is about Eva, who grew up in a group called the Righteous Path, she and her mother are among the few "chosen" to be saved from Armageddon.  At first, Eva wanted nothing more than to be a good disciple girl and believe in everything that their leader Ezekial says, but things are not the same anymore.  Their food supplies are getting lower and lower, their people are hungrier by the minute, but their leader is stockpiling weapons and his living space is nothing but the best.

The only money that is coming in lately is coming from jewelry Eva makes and sells down in Boulder, where she goes with one of Ezekial's wives to sell.  There she meets a college student named Trevor and other "heathens" who are nothing like Ezekial has make them believe to be and she starts to question everything she has learned her whole life.

Then one day Ezekial has a "vision" that Eva is to become his new wife and now Eva is ready to make the hardest decision of her life, what does she do? What does her mother do? Well...

It's the most courage, heartbreaking decision and lesson that this girl does and I loved that I didn't put this book aside.  I ended up giving this book 4 out of 5 stars, yes it was pretty good and I totally recommend. Don't look at it and think it's going to talk about religion and religion, there is so much more, friendships, family and independence.

And that will do for this review, hope you all have a great weekend.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment