Pages

Saturday, May 30, 2015

May 2015 Wrap Up

This month sure flew by and holy molly did I read a lot of books...at the beginning of this month I really didn't think I would read a lot because I was reading Seraphina and then I was going to continue with Shadow Scale and those books were HUGE, so I was just content to just finish them up and read one or two other books, so I have no clue what the heck happened...lol.  But I am a very happy, happy girl.

Let's check it out, shall we?

Let's start with the books first then the comics...

Seraphina: 4 out of 5 stars This is my first dragon book is I really loved it.



Shadow Scale : 4 out of 5 stars I would have given 5 stars but the ending didn't do it for me.  But I still really enjoyed this book.



Alive: 5 out of 5 stars. This book is not out yet (7/14 the day before my birthday, it was a sign...and I didn't even know the publish date until just now lol)  I LOVED it.  I had been a while since I read a dystopian book like this book.  Totally recommend you guys to read it when it comes out in July, if you liked Divergent, Maze Runner, Hunger Games, well you will get a mixture of all of them in this book.  Ah, I'm going to stop because I haven't done a review on it yet and I need to do it.



Unholly Alliance 4 out of 5 stars. Vampires baby, I haven't read a new vampire series in a while and I had the 4th book of this one from NetGalley so I picked the first one for free at Amazon (it is still free so go get it) and I really enjoyed it.



Rival 4 out of 5 stars. Second book in the Unholy series and when I found out that each book would follow a different character I was NOT a happy camper, but I'm so glad I give a chance because I really like.  Can't wait to do a review on all of them.



Shadow Alliange  4.5 out of 5 stars. Probably my favorite so far on the series.  Love it.



Beloved Enemy 4 out of 5 stars. It started off slowly at first this one, but I really ended up enjoying.  But the end?  That wasn't an end, I still have so many questions and I still want to know what is going on with so many of the other characters.  After I finished this book I looked everywhere to see if there was another book out or coming out but I couldn't find it.  Doesn't anyone know if the writer/s are going to write another book or more books, I sure want to read more.



Frozen  4 out of 5 stars.  Last book I read this book, I actually just finished reading this book last night and I can't wait to pick up the next book in this series.  It was really good.  Love Nat and Wes. And how about these covers?  Which one is your favorite? I think I like the one with the dragon better...




















1 Novella:

Blackwood: 4 out of 5 stars. This is the novella For the Witch Hunter Series. Loved the first book Hexed and I just got the second book Charmed, can't wait to read. This novella lets you get to know Paige, which is essential as Charmed will be about her.




Here the Comics that I read this month; I got all of these from NetGalley

Transformers: Drift Empire of Stone Volume 1: 3 out of 5 stars-It was alright, usually I'm done with comics this small in one sitting, it took me like a week to get thru.



Sweet Blood Volume 1: 3 out of 5 stars- I just couldn't connect with the characters.  Love the cover and the art, that's about it.



Let's Eat Ramen and Other Doujinsh Short Stories: 3 out of 5- I like the first story and then it kind of go boring and confusing.  I wasn't sure if I was following the same characters all the way thru or not?



The Worrier's Guide to life : 4 out of 5 stars- Really enjoyed this one, it got me laughing most of the time (in the middle of the night-good insomnia night).



Manga: Pride and Prejudice:  5 out of 5 stars- Ah, how I love some Jane Austen and I really wanted to re read Pride and Prejudice this year and this little comic just made me want to re read it even more. Loved it.



Manga: The Scarlet Letter: 4 out 5 stars-I have heard about but  haven't read The Scarlet Letter and this was a great introduction, so now I want to out there and find me a nice edition of this book. Really well done.



The October Faction Volume 1: 3 out of 5 stars-I enjoyed this one, I may even continue with this series...we shall see.


And there you go; my May wrap up; 8 books, 1 Novella and 7 comics and the grand total of 16.  It was a really good month.  Hoping for June to be the same, I have some really great books that I want to read in June so...

What did you read this month?

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment