Pages

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Book Review: Heartsick by Caitlin Sinead

Book Review Tuesday and today's book is:

Heartsick by Caitlin Sinead



When I read the synopsis of this book I knew I wanted to read this book, it really intrigued me, love, virus, people's eyes turning purple?  I mean??? Seriously...I had never heard anything like it, so I had to pick this one from NetGalley right away, so glad I got it.

So, Quinn is our girl, is a senior at college in a small town, she loves art and dance and is pretty lay back, that is besides hanging out with her best friend and flirting with a boy genius at their favorite dive bar.  She has no clue what she is going to do with her not so useful art major, but she isn't too worry yet, she just wants to have so fun on her last year at college, no string attach relationships, that's for sure, well that is until she meets the town's hottie, Luke, who just moved back to take care of his dying sister.

Everything is going right for Quinn and then her best friend's eyes turn purple, and she is just the first one.  Before they know it, more and more people are getting the purple eyes virus and they don't know where it's coming from, and once Quinn gets it, she doesn't stop until she finds out where this virus came from.

Was it a side effect from a new party drug?

Or was a virus developed right in the campus lab?

Or is it the mark of the devil, like the university student religious group believe?

Luke falls for Quinn but keeps a part of himself private, he doesn't want to scare Quinn away, but when an accident happens and Quinn and Luke are caught in the middle of it, Luke's is forced to tell the truth to Quinn and is surprised to see Quinn's reaction.

I really loved reading this book, I wanted a little more relationship development from Quinn and Luke and her friends too.  Quinn felt a little bit winning at times, but she did get better, I loved Luke, he was always there when you needed him.  But the end was pretty good, it was a good closure.  No spoilers...you will love to know what causes the purple eyes and what Quinn and Luke finds out.

I gave a 4 out of 5 stars for this book, I recommend it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment