Pages

Thursday, May 28, 2015

Book Review: The Naturals: Awakening (Episodes 1-4 Season 1)

Book Review Time and today's review is:

The Naturals: Awakening: Season 1-Episodes 1-4



When I requested this book from NetGalley I thought was getting a lot more, but when I started reading I realized there were only 4 episodes and they were SOOO short.  I was done reading this book in like 30 minutes?  Yeah, probably.  I got so mad, that when I was done reading it I didn't even feel like continue reading this series, maybe in the future as I did enjoy the stories but, come on only 4 Episodes?

Alright, I'm going to stop complaining and get to the review:

The Naturals is about a small town full of secrets, teenagers with supernatural abilities (did you watch Heroes? No, well you should, because it sounds just like, which that's what it got me interested in the first place).  It's the end of the summer and the students at Silverwood High are getting ready to go back to school and resume their "normal" lives.  Well, some of these teenagers get their first taste of what their destiny has in store for them but are they ready for it?  Will they be selfless or ruthless?

Each episode is told by each teenager and by different authors.

Episode 1: Avery
Avery is intrigued when the new athletic newcomer takes an interest in her.  But she is convinced that there is more going on with this guy than a simple crush.

Episode 2: Marshall
Marshall is a nerd and is used to is be the odd man out, the last one picked.  But his luck is about to change when he discovers that he can do something that should be completely impossible.

Episode 3: Hailey
Hailey is a soccer prodigy and she hates her home life and tries to hide it every way possible, anger and regrets fills her heart, but concealing her feelings isn't something that she can do anymore and she finds that out the hard way.

Episode 4: Israel
Israel is homeschooled and part of a dysfunctional family, they may look normal but don't be fooled.  Israel is having some disturbing dreams and experiencing bizarre sensations.

Israel may be my favorite, his ability is weird and cool at the same time.  I love it.  I may have to continue with these series in the future, now that I'm writing about it I want more of it again.

I gave 4 out of 5 stars, I did really enjoyed it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment