Pages

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Book Review: Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard

It's book review time and tomorrow is my Birthday, Yippee!!!  I'm going to be good and just jump in to the review:

Glass Sword by Victoria Aveyard


Mare is back with her Silver ability and her power to control lightning which has turned her into a weapon that the royal court tries to control.  She makes her escape from Maven, the prince and who she thought was her friend but who betrayed her at the end.  But she uncovers something startling; she isn't the only one of her kind, there are many, many others like her and she is going to find them and build an army.

While Mare sets out recruiting other Red-Silver fighters to join her, she has to deal with Maven, now a evil as can get King, who is setting up traps where ever she goes or where ever she sends her people too, sometimes killing Red-Silvers before she even gets to them.

Sometimes Mare thinks she is becoming the kind of monster she is trying hard to defeat, will she become one or she still be Mare at the end of it.  And can she deal with all the lost lives at the cost of the rebellion, a rebellion that she is leading?

Already, so Glass Sword picked right up from where Red Queen left out but don't expect as much action as the first book because there isn't, there I said it.  But, is Glass Sword still good?  I'm going to be honest and say that the first half of the book was a little hard to be through, because I was waiting for things to happen and when they weren't happening, I got a little frustrated, but the second half of the book things started to get a little more interesting and it picked up the pace a little more.  We got introduced to a lot more characters throughout the book, and I do have a couple new favorites and I wasn't expecting that, especially on a second book of a series, right?  Mare, drove me a little crazy at times, but I did understand where she was coming from and by the end of the book she was back at been a kick ass character.  Maven?  Holly molly, he is as evil as you can expect a character to be and more, and sometimes you just need an evil character like that to spice up a book and I'm liking it, well...not really liking, I want to kill him myself but it's making the books so much better.

I ended up giving Glass Sword 3.5 out of 5 stars, the ending was great and left me wanting more which is great and means that I do want to read the next book and I will but I did wanted a lot more from this one.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment