Pages

Friday, July 1, 2016

June 2016 Wrap Up

June is over??? I can't, I just can't even believe that June is over...SLOW down Summer, let us enjoy you to the max and for that to happen you need stay here as long as you can, right?  Okay, now that we have settled that let's move on to June's Wrap up...lol

I really can't believe that June is over but I did enjoy it a LOT, lots of beach days and my skin is sun kissed for sure.  And I got lots of reading done, here are the books that I read this month:

1. City of Fallen Angels by Cassandra Clare: 3.5 Stars


4 books done and only 2 more to go on The Mortal Instruments Series, YEAH.  This one was a little slow for me, still good and loved to see all these characters but I wanted a little more action.  Hopefully on the next one.


2. Stars Above by Marissa Meyer: 5 Stars


It just felt amazing to be back on this world and this book didn't disappointed me and the end? OMG, that is all I'm going to say.


3. The Traitor Baru Cormorant: 4 Stars


This book, I don't hear much about it and it was recommend by a co worker but do I recommend it?  Heck yes.


4.  Saga, Volume 4: 4 Stars


Keeps on getting better as the story continues.


5. Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine: 4.25 Stars


This book, OMG, my first time reading a book about books and this did NOT dissapointed me at all.  I loved it and this cover?  Beautiful.


6. Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine: 5 Stars


I have an eARC of book 2 of The Great Library and I had to read it right after I finished Ink and Bone and Oh it didn't let me down, this book 2 was even better than book 1 and lots of times books 2 are not that great.  I cannot wait for this series to continue.


7.  The Nightmare Affair by Mindee Arnet: 3 Stars


I read this one of GoodReads bookclubs that I belong and I was quick and fast pace read.  I did enjoy even though I did see how most of the things were going to be before it happened.  I think this is a trilogy and I may even pick the other books up and see how it story continues.


8.  Second Chance Summer by Morgan Matson: 5 Stars


9. Saga, Volume 5: 5 Stars


I'm all caught up on this series, when is the next volume out?  And this volume was definitely my favorite so far.

10. Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin: Still reading...


I'm 300 pages in, as I'm telling people: I'm one book in a book lol.  Maybe if I focused my whole attention to this book I would be done already, but I like how I'm reading like now.

11. The Unexpected Everything by Morgan Matson: Still Reading...


I started reading this a couple days ago and I'm already over 100 pages in and it's getting good now and I can't wait to see what happens.

And that's all for June.  Overall, I read 9 full books and I'm still reading 2 books.  Not many 5 stars books but the ones that were 5 stars totally blew me away, my favorite book this month is a tie between Paper and Fire and Second Chance Summer.   Paper and Fire was non stop action but Second Chance Summer?  It's all about family and friends and love and totally heart breaking and I loved both of them for different reasons and recommend them.

What did you read this month?  And what books do you recommend?

XOXO,

Nelia



No comments:

Post a Comment