Pages

Thursday, December 3, 2015

Book Review: Of Triton by Ann Banks

Wow, I've MIA for quite a bit on my blog and to tell you the truth I didn't mean too, there hasn't been much happening in my life, well besides LIFE.  Work is busy, the head has been acting up these last couple weeks so I have been "trying" to take it easy and rest but Holidays coming up things are just more hectic so...I pretty much don't have an excuse.  Sorry...I do need to rest my brain and I don't even know how and I have been driving my family crazy lol, I will plan our family vacation for February and maybe they will leave me alone?  Do you think that will work?  I sure hope so, I have so much shopping to do and then wrapping and decorating and still have to work and let's not forget the kids lol lol

But, let's get back to today's post, shall we?  I'm back today with a book review, and I'm actually sitting in my office at work and I think I may type a few book reviews today so I can just post it when I'm driving around like a crazy person, yeah that sounds a good idea.  The only problem is; how long do I have until a kid comes and bothers me or how long until my husband tells me it's enough computer time for today...I can never win, but I'm going to try my best, that's the only thing I can do, right.  And know I'm ready, I promise :) let's jump to the review.

Of Triton by Anna Banks


This is the second book of The Syrena Legacy, please don't read this review if you haven't read book 1 and don't want to spoil yourself.  I do have book 1's Review up; Of Poseidon

Emma has learned that her mother is the long-lost Poseidon Princess and with that she also learned that she is a Half-Breed, meaning that she is half human and half Syrena.  And that also means that she is a freak in the human world and an abomination in the Syrena world and the Syrena law states that all Half-Breeds should be put to death.  So, Emma is pretty much screwed. 

But to make matters worse, with the reappearance of Emma's mom, the two Kingdoms-Poseidon and Triton-are now against one another.  Emma is left with the hardest decision ever, should she listen to Galen and keep herself hidden from the Syrena world and this way she is safe and just hope everything solves itself?  Or should she risk it all and reveal herself and her Gift and save a world of people that she's never known?

This second book brings us lots of more action and lot of more Syrena world and why the two Kingdoms have been fighting all these years and why they are fighting now.  I loved how a strong character Emma is and how she makes her own decisions and because of that a lot is discovered in this book. 

You will get to see some romance again, but there wasn't as much as I was expecting but I did still enjoyed it.  There are lots of drama throughout the book and that will keep you engaged a lot.  And of course Anna Banks knew how to add more twists in this book to get you hooked and crave the third and final book.

Overall I really enjoyed this book and there is just something that pulls me to read and gets me hooked, I don't know, these books are just another guilty pleasure and I loved it.  I gave this book a 4 out of 5 stars.

Have you read it yet, if not do it, you will definitely enjoy a world of mermaids and humans where lots of drama is involved.

That will do it for today.  Hope you all have a good week.

XOXO,

Nelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment