Friday, December 11, 2015

Where She Went by Gayle Forman

It's Book Review Time, oh yes...oh yes...oh yes.  Ok, I just making a song on my head with that just sentence, who else does that?  Well, probably only me lol.

Alright, I'm going to just jump to today's book review:


Where She Went by Gayle Forman



Three years, that's how long it has been since that day...the day of the horrible accident.  And that makes three since Mia walked out of Adam's life FOREVER.

Mia is in Juillliard as a rising star and Adam is in the opposite coast and he is also a LA tabloid fodder, why?  Because of his new rock start status and his celebrity girlfriend too.  But, Adam is in New York and by himself for one night and change and life brings him and Mia together again.  At first Adam isn't so sure that he wants to spend one last night with Mia, but she is...everything that he has imagined that she would be and she doesn't mind talking to him now so together they explore the city.  New York, the city that has become Mia's home, together they revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.

This book is told from Adam's point of view and to tell you the truth, I wasn't so sure I was going to like this book so much.  I loved If I Stay because of how Mia told her story, and I really connected with her.  But after the first chapter, Adam had me and my heart.  I felt for him, I wanted to reach out and tell him not to put himself down and that everything was going to be ok.  Well, I guess you can say that I connected with his character as much as I connect with Mia's. 

When Adam found Mia and she started to talk to him like everything was ok?  I wanted to go there and yell at her and tell her; what was wrong with her, why wasn't she sad or crying, Adam was still feeling all those...feelings and she was just standing there.  But then I remember that this book was from Adam's point of view and she was probably feeling all those things too and we just couldn't see it. 

I really enjoyed reading this book, it's not often that we see the aftermath of a devastation of grief, how people cope and how life really just keep on going around us, even when we don't want it to go.  Another thing that I loved, the lyrics of music that was in this book, music is what has always put this family together and it really meant a lot that it still meant everything to these characters, even after everything.  And it was nice to see a light the end of the tunnel for them, a new hope and a new future.

4 out of 5 stars, really enjoyed another great book by Gayle Forman.  If you haven't picked this conclusion to If I Stay, do it, you will not regret it.

XOXO,

Nelia