Pages

Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Book Review: We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

This book was on my TBR for years and for years I kept pushing it away, I don't know why...first it is a short read, second the location is near where I live and third and most important it has really great reviews.  So, pretty much I have no clue why I put it out so long to read it but I finally read it and holly crap...let's get to the review:


We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

16143347

From GoodReads:

A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends--the Liars--whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution.  An accident.  A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The Truth.

Read it.

And if anyone asks you how it ends, just LIE.

---------------

So, where do I begin...there is the family, this rich family that owe a private island and they all spend the summers together there.  The cousins are more that cousins, they are best friends and they do everything together so much that they get much more than they wish for.

And that's as much as I'm going to say about this book.  Expect summer adventures, family drama, an accident that will change everything but you will not find out exactly what it really changed until you get until the very end of the book, so be prepared.

This book is written so amazingly well and twists and turns that she throws at you is like nothing you expect and when you finally realize what the truth is?  You just have to stop and think about what the heck really happened.  And I'm totally not making sense, but trust me, read it...it is SO GOOD.

5 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment