Pages

Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Book Review: After You by Jojo Moyes

Who hasn't read Me Before You?  That was one of the most popular books of 2016, especially with the movie coming out.  I read the book and loved and yes I watched the movie too I actually really enjoyed the movie too.  I have had this book for a while on my TBR and I have finally read it so let's review it:

After You by Jojo Moyes

24941288

After You follows Lou after what happens at the end of Me Before You.  And, basically Lou is a mess.  She is not the same bubbly person that we met on Me Before You, she is sad, depressed and pretty much miserable and doesn't know what to do with herself and her life.  At the beginning of the book she is on an unfortunate accident and ends up back at her parents house for a while, which she isn't too happy about it but ends up liking it at the same time.  Once she gets back up on her feet (literally) she goes back to London and her lot and back to the "life" she has created after Will.

She joins a grief group, we get to see her there and get to meet the people from that group, I actually liked the grief  group and wish there was of it than we got.  Then Lou gets a surprise from Will's past life, someone that even Will didn't know existed and she spends the whole entire book consumed by this person, trying to help and get this person's life back together, like it was more important than her own life.  (yes, I guess I had a little bit of problem with this part of the book).

Lou does meet someone else in this book and begins a relationship and I really thought it was going to get her up on her feet and see her back together, but nope, she was so not sure of herself even at the end of the book, which totally surprised me what she ended up doing.  I think I loved her love interest more than Lou (lol).

I ended up giving this book 3.5 stars out of 5, why?  It was nice to see the Traynors and Lou's family (even though I still don't know what her mother was doing to herself, you can be a feminist and love our husband, right?).  Her sister?  She was the one that had her entire life figure out and was doing better than anyone, a really nice change.  Lou was just a very different character in this book and I think that disappointed me a little.  Let me know if you agree with me.


XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment