Pages

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Book Review: City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

It's Book Review Tuesday my friends and today I'm bringing you a book that has been in my TBR for years and that I have finally read and that book is:

City of Bones by Cassandra Clare



I felt like I was the only one who hadn't read this book, but now I'm not. Yeah!!!  So, I'm going to start my review and as usually my review will be spoiler free, because there are probably people still out there who hasn't read this book yet and there is nothing worst than spoilers, right?  Let's jump right in:

This book follows Clary Fray, who is a regular teenager (or at least she thinks she is) enjoying a night out with her friend at the Pandemonium Club in New York City, when she witness a murder.  But the worst is not the murder part, the murder was committed by three teenagers covered with odd markings and the even weirder part was how the "person" murdered disappeared right in front of her eyes and to make matters worst, when she asked her friend if he saw the teenagers, he just told her that she was talking and screaming all by herself. 

And that my friends, is when Clary meets the Shadowhunters.  Who or what is Shadowhunters?  They are warriors dedicated to ridding the earth of demos and keeping the odd werewolves and vampires in line. 

That is also the first time Clary meets the gorgeous Jace.  Within twenty-four hours of meeting Jace and his group, Clary's life is turned upside down, her mother disappears and Clary is attached by a demon.  Jace takes Clary to the Shadowhunters secret house, which is not something that is done ever, why?  Because ordinary mundane (regular people) like Clary is not suppose to know that Shadowhunters exist, but then again, how is it possible that Clary saw them when they were wearing invisible marks?  And how is it possible that she can see demons?  And how did she fight one?  It looks like she is the Sight of a Shadowhunter and they are interested to know how is that possible?

So, the Shadowhunters decide to help Clary find her mother and find out how she has the Sight.  And that's how her adventure begins...

There are lots and lots of world building in this book, which I loved it.  And lots of action too, and of course, if you know me by know; I love my some action in my books.  One of the things that I really enjoyed a lot was the character building too, there are quite a few characters in this book and I loved how Cassandra Clare took the time with each one of them, it really made your fall in love or hate each individual one.  And of course, there is Cassandra's writing style, I fell in love with it, it is my first book by her and know I understand why so many people love her books and keep wanting her to write more and more books, the more you read, the more you want of it. 

I gave this book 4 out of 5 stars, I can't wait to continue to read with the series, I have that it keeps getting better and better with each book so...I'm just waiting to get a good deal on the next book.  Totally recommend this book!!!  I have watched the movie too, but as usual the book was so much detailed and way much better in my opinion of course. lol

Have you read The Mortal Instrument Series?  What did you think of it?  What about the movie, have you watched it?  Did you watch the movie first or read the book first?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment