Pages

Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Book Review: Graphic Novels Part 3

Well, it's not Book Review Tuesday, it is Book Review Wednesday and why?  Because yesterday it was technology problems for me, at work and at home.  WHY ME???  Both my work and home computer just decided to update to Windows 10 and there was no way around anymore, I had delayed too many times but now I'm just glad that I did it and it's done with.  And I'm loving Windows 10 too.  Even though it took FOREVER...now let's get back to business lol

Today I'm review 2 Graphic Novels, I don't read a lot of them but whenever I see some interesting ones on NetGalley I do jump at the opportunity to read them.  So, here are the lasted two Graphic Novels that I read lately and what I thought of them:

1. Dream the Impossible Dream: Zen Pencils: Volume 2



So this Graphic Novel was totally different from anything I ever read, it is famous and inspirational quotes adapted into cartoon stories.  There were some funny ones, but there were some that I could have done without it and I wish they didn't put it there.  But overall it was entertaining, this is Volume Two and I didn't even read Volume One first, maybe now I should read it?  But anyway, I gave it a 3 out of 5 stars, it didn't blow me away. Just an okay Graphic Novel.

2. Muirwood: The Lost Abbey Graphic Novel #1


Maia is the daughter of the King of Comoros but she has been banished from the castle and stripped from her title of Princess, why?  Because magic is forbidden of woman in her kingdom and she has secretly learned it.  But now her desperate father has requested her presence back at the castle because he needs her and her magic to save their kingdom.  Of course Maia agrees to it and with the protection of a serial killer they embark on a journey to save their kingdom.

This was a very short Graphic Novel and there wasn't much explained and when you look at the cover of this GN you think that the art will be amazing, but that was kind of disappointing.  I wish there was more explanation and and that the art was better.  Not sure if I want to continue with the Graphic Novels of this series.  But there is a book about it and it will it will give that one a try.  I gave this Graphic Novel a 3 out of 5 stars.

That will do it for today my friends, have you read any of these?  And if you did, what did you think of them?  And what other Graphic Novels would you recommend to read?

Thank You NetGalley for these Graphic Novels.

Have a great rest of the week!!!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment