Pages

Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Book Review: Beloved Enemy by Lacy Yager

It's Tuesday which means another book review, today I'm bringing you the last book of the Unholy series, well at least the last one that is currently out, because I seriously think that there should be more books out for this series, right?  Who agrees with me?  If you have read this series you will agree with me.

Here is the fourth book that is out and my review:

Beloved Enemy by Lacy Yager



This book follows two different characters again, this time we get to meet a 17 year old genius college student, Genevieve and Chad a Vampire.

Genevieve already feels left out in college, she is the youngest there and people make fun of her a lot of the time.  But not in a million years she thought she would get kidnapped from her college campus by a vampire and that said vampire would want her help on a science project.  At first, she has no intention of helping the vampire and her friends, but when one of her an escape attempts turns deadly, it is a vampire that comes to her rescue.  Talk about been surprise.

Chad has been a vampire for many,many years.  He is good looking, in a dangerous king of way and he is also the perfect specimen for the science project happening.  Together, him and Genevieve team up to find a way to defeat a monster even worse than killer vampires and while doing that they also discover that not everything can be explained by science, like how a nerdy college scientist and a killer vampire end up falling in love.

At first I didn't think I would love, especially after reading the previous one about Rachel and Alex, but I loved it.  Genevieve was hard headed and with a hard heart too, and Chad?  Wow, he was so not your typical vampire.  I was on his side 100% from the beginning, there were a lot of times that I just wanted to slap Genevieve, how could she be so cruel to him?  But then, when you stop to think and put yourself in her position, he was the vampire, not the poor girl. So, I understood her and didn't hate her as much, but I still loved a little more. lol.

In this book you will not only get the romance, but you will get to see a little bit of science as they work on finding a way to defeat the dangerous monsters, and lots of action as they get to fight the same monsters they are trying to defeat.  And you do get to see a lot of other characters in this book, so of the good oldies and some new ones, which could have been potentials for other books???

4 out of 5 stars for this one, why?  Because the end left me wanting more and there isn't any more books available.  But I really, really recommend all the 4 books that I read from this series.  I got the Beloved Enemy from NetGalley as an eARC (Thank You NetGalley for the ebook, took me a while to get to it, but I'm so glad I finally read all of them).

What other vampire books do you recommend?  Have you read this series?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment