Pages

Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Book Review: Unholly Alliance & Rival by Lacy Yager

Book Review Tuesday time and today I'm bringing you 2 books, well it's the first book and the second one is a Novella, so I figure that I would include it in this review as well.  Let's get to it because I really, really enjoyed this series and can't wait to review it:

Unholly Alliance by Lacy Yager and Haley Yager



This book is about vampires, oh yes, paranormal series.  It was time to pick up another paranormal series and I had the fourth book in my NetGalley to read list for months and months so it was it I got to this one.  And I gotta say, it didn't disappointed  me at all.  So, this book starts is about Maggie a "young" girl who has been a vampire for a very, very long time.  She lives with her best friend, Hannah, who isn't a vampire, but she isn't a normal girl either, she is a witch.  Weird combination?  You can say that, what is more weird is that they have promised to help humans, no matter how hard sometimes that is for Maggie as a vampire.  But she does it and there is nothing she would change, well maybe one thing...

Then we meet Shane, a young normal guy who is responsible for 2 younger sisters.  He has come from a family that have sworn they whole lives to do one thing: hunt and kill vampires and keep the human world a better place.  Then one of his sisters' gets in trouble and ends up in the care of Maggie, a vampire, but he is not suppose to know that she is one and she tries to hide it from him too and so the game begins.

We also get to meet little Chloe, Shane's little, little sister who isn't what everybody thinks she is.  A secret within secrets.

This book was nothing what I was expecting but at the same time everything that I needed.  I really, really enjoyed it and once I was done I couldn't wait and downloaded the next book in the series right away.

4 out of 5 stars and totally recommend this book, not your typical vampire book, but once you start reading it you will be hooked, trust me.

Now let's check out the next book/novella of the series...



Rival by Lacy Yager (Novella)



So, when I found out that this novella was going to be about two different characters well I'm not going to lie, I was NOT a happy camper.  I almost didn't read and then I found out the other books are all about different characters too and I almost didn't want to continue with the series.  But then I really wanted to read about Shane's sister in book 3 and I just couldn't skip a book and I read Rival and I really enjoyed it.  I was a short book, so it was a quick read, I was done reading in one day.  Let's jump right in...

Emily is a fifth generation Vampire Chaser, but there is only one problem: her mother.  Emily wants nothing more than to join her family's tradition but her mother refuses.  Emily takes her frustrations into her martial arts training.

Brett is in the same Black Belt martial arts competition as Emily and he has promised himself that it's about time that he puts his feelings to the bottom of the pile and forget about Emily forever and this is the year to do it.  But then he gets himself caught in the middle of a fight between Emily and a gang of vampires and he is drawn to a world he never thought it exist, but more importantly he realizes that he can never give on Emily.

This quick novella was amazing, I forgot to mention on my previous review but I love the writing, it is what draws you to the stories.  4 out 5 stars, you will love this quick novella if you love strong female characters, Emily will not disappoint you at all and Brett?  You will fall in love with him right away, he is everything you want him to be, especially at the end of the book.

So, what else do I have to say about these books?  Go and pick them up and give them a try because you will really enjoy them.

XOXO,

Nelia




No comments:

Post a Comment