Pages

Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Book Review: Blackwood by Michelle Krys

Well, Hi...I'm behind on my book review this week and it's because I'm tired.  As you know I went away to upstate New York last weekend and we came back Monday and I'm still a little tired...or should I say: lazy.  Yes, that's more like the correct word; lazy.  I really should have done my Book Review Tuesday yesterday but I really couldn't get myself to write it, so I'm doing it instead today.  And it's a short one too, today's review it's on a really, really short novella.  Let's just get to it, right?

Blackwood by Michelle Krys



This novella is about Paige, Indigo's best friend.  And it's told in Paige's perspective so you get to know Paige really well in this short book.  And this is also a prequel, so there is nothing new to the story, you really just get to know the characters differently in this book.  Some people may don't think there is really a need for this prequel but I really like it.  Especially because the next book was all about Indigo finding Paige.

In this prequel, Paige explains how Indigo and her were best friends from crib and how because of Bianca they went separate ways and grew apart.  In this book we also get to see how Paige and Indigo reconnect and get their friendship back on.

I gave this prequel a 4 out of 5 stars, there is nothing like a good friendship book and this one was just that, seeing 2 old friends reconnect a great friendship.

And to read I've read the next book and I really think because I read this prequel it really made a difference on how I saw everything, so I really recommend you read this one and it's not going to take you that long anyway.

And that's going to do for my review today.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment