Pages

Thursday, July 9, 2015

Book Review: Alive by Scott Sigler

Well, first of all Hello!!! I've been on vacation since last Thursday and I actually have been totally on vacation mode and on lazy mode.  I meant to blog while on vacation but it didn't happen, sorry about that.  I spent my vacation days boating and on the beach and I did some reading so I did some productive stuff :)

But I'm back today and I'm bringing you a book review and a book that has become one of my favorites this year so far.  I got this book as an ARC from NetGalley and once I started reading I couldn't stop, literally and I loved, loved and loved.  It had been a while since a book had me hooked on it that much and once I was done I was craving more, ah I'm going to stop now and get to the review (NO SPOILERS) and OMG tell you what the book is:

ALIVE by Scott Sigler



A teenage girls wakes up and she realizes that she is trapped in an enclosed space, something that looks like a coffin.  What is more scary than been trapped inside that is realizing not knowing who she is or how she got there.  At first she freaks out, but then she tells herself to calm down and she breaks lose and escapes her confinement and she realizes that she is not alone.  The room is big enough to hold other coffins and inside them are other kids her age, she frees them and leads them to a corridor filled with the remains of a war long past.

At first it's on their small group, but the farther they travel they find others just like them, who have escaped the same way as them and together they travel those scary corridors, filled with horrors they never thought it was possible to exist.  They slowly come to understand the prison that the place is and that the truth is not even close to what they have ever image possible.

This book is more than you expect and every time you think you have it figure it out, well there is another twist and it's not what you were expecting.  These kids go thru well and more and there were times I felt like I wish I was there to just grab them and comfort them, because what they go through? OMG, it's not fair and at the same time, WOW it is so amazing.  Want to read about surviving?  This is a surviving story with so many twists and turns and one where people really need to depend on one another to be able to survive in the end.  Once you start reading this book, you won't be able to put in down and be prepared to be in the edge of your seat or bed (that was my case).

I loved the characters, some of them I wanted to slap their faces or kill them myself but some I just wanted to be on the side lines and cheer them on and tell them that they were doing fine and they could do it.  The writing?  Amazing, easy to read and perfectly easy to just hook you on the book.   Loved it.  I just that Scott continues with this series as I cannot wait for the next book and see what happens next.

5 out of 5 stars for this amazing book and job well done Scott Sigler.  Totally recommend this book...AH and the book comes out July 14th (a day before my Birthday) so only 1 more week until it's out.

XOXO,

Nelia




No comments:

Post a Comment