Pages

Friday, November 8, 2019

Book Review: Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine



People, this is the final book of The Great Library series, I am happy, I am SAD, so many emotions...let's get to the review :)

Sword and Pen by Rachel Caine


42411362. sy475





The corrupt leadership of the Great Library has fallen. But with the Archivist plotting his return to power, and the Library under siege from outside empires and kingdoms, its future is uncertain. Jess Brightwell and his friends must come together as never before, to forge a new future for the Great Library . . . or see everything it stood for crumble.















*********************************************************


I have been reading this series for years now and now that it's over what am I going to do now that it's over?  I'm so going to miss this world, these characters, Oh these characters, they are so freaking amazing, I fell in love with them from the first book and with each new book I was more and more in love with them, the world building just got better and every time I was reading it, I just wanted to be in there with them.  Alright, let's get to this last adventure with our little crew...

Since our last book, the Great Library has fallen, but the corrupted Archivist is still very well alive and he is plotting and it's up to our dear friends to find him and bring him to justice.  But not all of them will be in that crew, because some are need to protect the city from upcoming threats and others are need to protect the new Archivist.  They are separated but at the same time looking out for each other and that's what it makes them the perfect team to make the Great Library whole again.  

The jobs are not easy, Brightwell is dealing with death in life and OMG, my heart was in my throat the whole entire book.  But the twists and turns in this book, I really wasn't expecting them, every time I thought I knew what was coming something else came along and man, I really wasn't ready for ANY of them.

The new future of the Great Library is everything for these friends and they will do ANYTHING to accomplish it and so be ready my friends because everything is possible.  

The ending was cruel and unexpected, my heart is broken, is happy, is sad, is twisted, is everything and more.  I still have sooooo many emotions and still don't know how I truly feel about that ending, but with Rachel Caine I should have known that she would have done something like that.  Am I happy, yes I am.  It wrap everything up, but I'm still going to miss this gang a lot.

If you haven't started this series, you are missing so much out; books, friendships, romance, adventure and lots of action, everything you need in books.

What rating did I give?  5 out of 5 stars of course :)

I got a free copy of this book from NetGalley...

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment