Pages

Monday, December 30, 2019

Book Review: Releasing Keanu by Siobhan Davis




Ah, the Kennedy boys, man the more I read about these brothers the more I  am hooked.  I want more of them and I just wish these books never ended.  As you can guess, Siobhan is back with another Kennedy brother and man this one is so freaking amazing, let just get to it.

Releasing Keanu by Siobhan Davis


43261111. sy475
Keanu
Selena played me.
Confirming I wasted years loving someone who didn’t love me back.
It should be easy to move on, but since she dumped me, I can’t shake her from my thoughts, no matter how hard I try.
Dates and random hookups don’t help, because no one measures up to the girl I still love with my whole heart.
When she appears at my door, begging me for help, I can’t turn her away. My protective instincts kick in, and I grasp this second chance with both hands.
This time, I’m determined to open her eyes.
To help her realize she made a mistake throwing what we had away.
To prove our love is the real deal.

Selena
Keanu has it all wrong.
I let him go because I love him too much to continue holding him back.
And I’ve paid for it every day since.
I didn’t think it was possible to miss someone this much, but my entire being aches for him in a way that isn’t healthy.
It’s why I continue to keep my distance even though it’s killing me inside.
No one understands me the way he does, so, when my ugly past returns, threatening to undo years of progress, he’s the first person I run to.
If anyone can keep me safe, it’s the love of my life.
Maybe, this time, I’m strong enough to be the woman he deserves.
If my past doesn’t take me from him first.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Keanu has always been the quite brother and I think that has made at least me wanting to know more about him, he was mysterious and quite and it always left me wondering what kind of man he was.  And let me tell you this book did NOT disappoint me at all, it left me wanting a Keanu for myself :)

Keanu and Selena have been together forever and when Selena decided to end things between them?  Keanu was devastated, and he did the opposite of he has always done, he started hooking up with lots of girls and partying and been someone that he has never been.  It was time to stop been that person and get back to his own person, specially because he can't forget about the one that owns his heart.

Selena knew letting Keanu go was not the right thing to do, but at the same time it was what she needed to find herself and get herself where she is now.  To get past from her past she needs to get better to be in a better place and she knew letting Keanu go so she could get there was the right thing to do.

But what Selena and Keanu didn't expect was for the past to come back and threaten Selena again and there isn't anyone that she trust more to take care of her than Keanu so when she shows up at his door unexpected and out of herself, Keanu doesn't even think twice, he knows how to take care of her and he will do anything to take care of the love of his life no matter the cost.

In this book, we see how protective the  Kennedy's are, but we also get to see how sweet and soft and romantic and patient a Kennedy can be and is and Keanu is this and everything else.  He is the prince charming that we all want, he is hot and sexy but sweet and calm, protective and so much more.  I am so in love with him and I be you will be too.  This is the love story of 2019.  It's not lovey dovey all the way, be prepared for some trigger points because our girl Selena has a very dark past and this girl is not your typical fisty, all fighting in your face girl but the more your read this book the more you get to know her and the more your feel and get to love her.  She is the kind of hero we all need to love and appreciate more.

A million starts for this book.  Siobhan did again, but man I don't know how she is going to top this one off...my heart is still melting for these two.

XOXO,

Nelia 

No comments:

Post a Comment