Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2018

Book Review: One Small Thing by Erin Watt

It's October and it's raining so I'm trying to make the best of it...therefore I'm catching up on some book reviews.  I'm so behind on them, I feel like I'm doing more reading and less reviews this year and I need to remedy this...let's start with a few reviews today, this is my second one, YEEPEE :)

I know, let's just jump to review:

One Small Thing by Erin Watt

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35750273-one-small-thing

From GoodReads:
Beth’s life hasn’t been the same since her sister died. Her parents try to lock her down, believing they can keep her safe by monitoring her every move. When Beth sneaks out to a party one night and meets the new guy in town, Chase, she’s thrilled to make a secret friend. It seems a small thing, just for her.

Only Beth doesn’t know how big her secret really is…

Fresh out of juvie and determined to start his life over, Chase has demons to face and much to atone for, including his part in the night Beth’s sister died. Beth, who has more reason than anyone to despise him, is willing to give him a second chance. A forbidden romance is the last thing either of them planned for senior year, but the more time they spend together, the deeper their feelings get.


Now Beth has a choice to make—follow the rules, or risk tearing everything apart…again.
 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start by saying Erin Watt know how to make me pick up her books and suck me in right away and once I start reading her books?  I just can't put them down.  This one?  Wow, the story line was freaking amazing and I was at the edge of my seat in some parts because I wanted to make some of the decisions for Beth and some of the decisions for Chase because they were went for each other.  But then I would set back a little and I would want to make totally different decisions, I was just as confused as them, I was literally making my life crazy just by reading this book.

Okay, okay, backing up a little bit 'cause I just I just confused the heck of everybody.  So, Beth's sister died from a tragic accident and her hasn't been the same since then.  Why?  Because her parents have become extra, extra careful with her and in order to keep safe they monitor her every single move, they know where she is at all times.  

Then on night Beth sneaks out of her house to go to a party and there she meets the new guy in town, Chase, she has this thrill about it and it's just such a small thing, right?

But her little secret really isn't so small...Chase is fresh out of juvie and he just wants this chance to start his life over.  But he has more demons to face than anyone realizes including what he did the night Beth's sister died.

Beth finds herself in a lifetime situation, forgive or not forgive.  Give it someone another chance?  Will she be able to give her heart to Chase knowing what role he played that night?  Will she follow the rules or risk it all?

So many feelings reading this book but at the same time?  So worth it too, it was a great roller coaster to in, I totally, totally recommend this one!!!  5 stars

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment