Pages

Tuesday, June 30, 2020

Book Review: The Little Teashop in Tokyo by Julie Caplin

Romance, travel, tea and, Tokyo, pictures and what else can I mention?  Let's just jump to this review, right now.


The Little Teashop in Tokyo by Julie Caplin

51487034. sy475


***********
Grab your passport and escape to the land of dazzling skycrapers, steaming bowls of comforting noodles, and a page-turning love story that will make you swoon!

For travel blogger Fiona, Japan has always been top of her bucket list so when she wins an all-expenses paid trip, it looks like her dreams of the Far East are coming true.

Until she arrives in vibrant, neon-drenched Tokyo and comes face-to-face with the man who broke her heart ten years ago, gorgeous photographer Gabe.

Fiona can’t help but remember the heartache of their last meeting but it’s not long before the Japanese art of contentment and a special, traditional tea ceremony work their magic…

Amidst the temples and clouds of soft pink cherry blossoms, Fiona and Gabe start to see life – and each other – differently.
*************


Ah, where to I start with this book.  I knew I had to read it when I saw that it was about a travel blogger and she was going to Japan (Tokyo) and she was going there to take pictures so it could be later displayed on a exhibit.  It sounded amazing and I wanted, no, I needed and once I started reading it?  It was more than I expected, it was beyond was I was expecting and I never wanted to leave this little paradise that I discovered.  I want all of Julie Caplin's books and why did I start on book number six of this series, where have I been?  Under a rock?  Yes, for sure.  Okay, okay, let's talk more about this book.

Fiona, is the travel blogger who has won the contest to travel to Tokyo and to work with a professional photographer while there.  She couldn't be more happy, this is something she has dreamed forever but she has the worst surprised ever when she arrives in Tokyo, right at the airport.  There, waiting for her is a professional photographer, but no the one she was expecting, but no the less one that she knows well, it's the one that ruined the last ten years of her life, Gabe.   But, it looks like Gabe doesn't remember her and she is just going to go along with it and enjoy her stay in Tokyo, she is there to work and enjoy this beautiful country.  What's the worst that can happen?  Fall in love again, Gabe recognize her and fall in love with her?  Ah, yeah right?  Right?  Japan is magical place and lots of things can happen.

I loved the romance in this book, it was slow and magical and funny, it was everything you want in a romance.  And Japan?  Ah, the way things were described, I want to go there, I want a tea ceremony more than anything.  I want to go live with a local family than stay at a hotel.  I want to visit all the local points that were mention in the book.  The cherry blossoms has been something in my bucket list and now more than ever.  

Maybe is the quarantine talking, but I felt more connected with this traveling more than ever and makes me want to travel more.  I loved Julie Caplin's writing and I'm so picking up all the previous books in this series. 

5 out of 5 stars for sure.

XOXO

Nelia









No comments:

Post a Comment