Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Book Review: The Wrong Mr. Darcy by Evelyn Lozada and Holly Lorincz

Alright people, time for another book review...who's ready?  Let's do this!!!!


The Wrong Mr. Darcy by Evelyn Lozada and Holly Lorincz


51166613

From GoodReads:

The Wrong Mr. Darcy is a charming, multicultural, Pride and Prejudice--inspired romantic comedy from celebrity Evelyn Lozada and Holly Lorincz...





















*****************************

Hara is a small town journalist who is looking to become a big city sports journalist but because she is young and she is a woman, those two things makes her job much too difficult for her.  Never mind, that her dad is in jail that wronging the sports industry, that makes her pursuing her dream job even more harder.  But she is not one to quick and she will do anything to accomplish it.  When an opportunity comes to her to interview the big and quiet Boston NBA star, she jumps at it right away and when she is the one to win that competition, she packs her bags and goes to Boston to do the interview.

There she meets not only the main star but his best friend and side kick, Derek Darcy, who she hits off right away, but things are not what they seem like it and as the days go by Hara starts to find out things that she shouldn't and she decides to stay a few more days to find out what really is going on.  

Alright, I'm going to say, the mystery was good, I was intrigued and I wanted Hara to go and figure all of that out.  Derek, he was more of a side kick and anything else for me, who else thinks like this?

And most importantly, I'm from Boston and I just couldn't let it pass everything that was wrong about MA...uh I just can't. 

The romance was just meh for me too.

I got an eARC from Netgalley. 

2 starts out of 5 for me.

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment