Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Book Review: A Sweet Mess by Jaci Lee

Okay, I have to finally admit, since this year started I have been on a reading slump...I think I'm kind of getting off of it now, hopefully, fingers crossed :)

Being at home these couple weeks I have gotten to read a few books and getting myself back on my reading goals.  Let's get to some of the books I have read this past couple weeks...first up:

A Sweet Mess by Jayci Lee


51164758. sx318 sy475    Aubrey Choi loves living in her small town nestled in the foothills of California, running her highly successful bakery away from the watch of her strict Korean parents. When a cake mix-up and a harsh review threaten all of her hard work and her livelihood, she never thought the jaded food critic would turn out to be her one-night stand. And she sure as hell never thought she’d see her gorgeous Korean unicorn again. But when Landon Kim waltzes into her bakery trying to clean up the mess he had a huge hand in making, Aubrey is torn between throwing and hearing him out.

When she hears his plan to help save her business, Aubrey knows that spending three weeks in California wine country working with Landon is a sure recipe for disaster. Her head is telling her to take the chance to save her bakery while her heart—and her hormones—are at war on whether to give him a second chance. And it just so happens that Landon’s meddling friends want them to spend those three weeks as close as possible...by sharing a villa.

When things start heating up, both in and out of the kitchen, Aubrey will have to make a choice—to stick it out or risk her heart.





-------------------------------

Confession time first; a couple months ago I discovered K-dramas and now I am addicted to them and if you haven't started watching them, please go, go and start watching them so I'm it's not only me spending countless hours of my day on them.  And if you have been watching them, aren't they amazing?

Now back to this book, when I saw that this story was about Koren-American characters, I mean I had to read about it; first because of my obsession with kdramas and because the story line just sounded just too cute to pass up; and it mention food and who doesn't like to read about FOOD? 

Aubrey Choi has small but successful bakery in California and she is saving up to expand and open a bigger location and everything is going well until she gets a bad review and everything goes down the drain.  What's worse is that the review came from the man she had a one-night stand, a perfect one-night stand.  He is one of the most popular food critics in California, Landon Kim.

When Landon shows up at her bakery with a plan to save her business, Aubrey knows that she shouldn't accept it but saving her business is what her life is all about so she goes along with it and along with Landon she goes. 

Spending three weeks with Landon didn't seem that bad of a deal with Aubrey said yes, but the more time they spend together the more they realize their feelings are more than they realized.  But will they act on it or deny how they feel. 

Let's talk about much I loved the food mention in this book, loved it.  The love story was just a sweet too, even though it was a little too quick at times but it was still cute, I loved Aubrey, she was funny and wasn't afraid to just go out of her way and say what she wanted.  Landon was hottie, and loved to get his POV so we could understand him a little better.

Overall, such a cute love story and I totally recommend it.

Got an early eARC from Netgalley.

4 out 5 stars!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment