Pages

Saturday, June 8, 2019

Book Review: Cruel Intentions by Siobhan Davis

Guys, Siobhan Davis has a new series coming out June 10, I have just finished reading book 1 and holy mother of god...let's get to the review:

Cruel Intentions by Siobhan Davis



45888520


From Goodreads:
Life is a cruel game where only the most ruthless survive. It’s a truth my mother rebelled against, and she paid for it with her life. Now, I play their game. Publicly accepting the destiny that lies in wait for me when I turn eighteen.

But, behind closed doors, I plot my escape.

Trent, Charlie, and my twin, Drew, rule the hallways of Rydeville High with arrogance and an iron fist. I execute my role perfectly, hating every second, but they never let me forget my place in this world.

Everyone obeys the rules. They have for generations. Because our families have always been in control.

Until Cam, Sawyer, and Jackson show up. Throwing their new money around. Challenging the status quo. Setting hearts racing with their gorgeous faces, hot bodies, and bad boy attitudes.

Battle lines are drawn. Sides are taken. And I’m trapped in the middle, because I made a mistake one fateful night when I gave my V-card to a stranger in a blatant F you to my fiancĂ©.

I thought it was the one thing I owned. A precious memory to carry me through each dark day.

I couldn’t have been more wrong.

Because the stranger was Camden Marshall, leader of the new elite and my perpetual tormenter. He hates me with a passion unrivaled, and he won’t be the only one. Fire will rain down if the truth is revealed, threatening alliances, and the power struggle will turn vicious.

My life will hang in the balance.

But I’ll be ready, and I’m not going down without a fight.
 


----------------------------------------------------------------

HOLY CRAP, where do I start with this one.  Perfect freaking title people...you start reading this book and the more you read and the deeper you get into and the freaking title just keeps getting into your head at how perfect it is.  Cruel Intentions it is throughout the book...Abby is my new favorite girl, not because she is a badass who kicks ass and stuff like that, no, it's because this girls goes through hell but still keeps her head high and for that?  She deserves praise and much more.  She is in a cruel world, a world that I wouldn't want to live in, but she tries her best, she wants out but she knows she can't just run, not she will pay their games until she can finally escape. 

But, things take a turn when Cam, Sawyer and Jackson show up, them and their new money.   Battles lines are drawn and Abby is in the middle because she gave her virginity to Cam because she wanted to rebel against her family and fiance.  She didn't know who he was but it doesn't matter know, he holds that against her, he hates Abby like nothing else and will use that to make her do whatever they want.  

If she thought her life was in dangerous before now is 10 times worse but she doesn't care, that means she will fight 10 times more, she doesn't trust anyone, not here father, not her fiance, not the new guys and it seems like not even her twin bother.  She will have to just trust herself and fight.

Damn, this book, be ready people there is so much, so much going on that you will be reading int he edge of your seat.  Just as Abby doesn't know who to trust, you will not know who to trust either, my heart is divided too.  Do I like Cam, yes and at the same time and I want to hurt him too.  Drew, ah I want to use my hands and nails on him.  Sawyer and Jackson, it's a hate and love relationship too.  See where I'm going...my heart is all twisted and this is only the first book.  I just want to take Abby and hid her, don't know where, but then I live in MA so I don't think she would be too save with me lol.

But, seriously, I cannot recommend this book enough, I don't want to give spoilers but be ready for a rolercoaster and a half and for scream and crying and laughing and loving and hating Siobhan for this and then hypervatilating for book 2 when you are done reading book 1 because that cliffhanging at the end it's just TOO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!  

I'm done, I need to re read it again for more clues, that last chapter had a lot going on and I'm sure I missed something.  Let me know what you think.

I voluntarily reviewed an advance complimentary copy of this book.

5 out of 5 stars ( more like a million)


XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment