Pages

Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Book Review: The Secret Heir by Siobhan Davis

Jeez, I can't believe how long ago I reviewed a book, my life has gone through more than a 360 and I'm still trying to settle down and hopefully I can get back to my blog and review my books.  Even though I haven't wrote any reviews, I am reading so that means I am a million books behind to review, eh eh eh.  I need a few more hands to help me write all of them, specially all the amazing and favorite books that I have read this year.  But, getting back to this blog post and yes it's a review and about an amazing book from an amazing author.  Siobhan Davis Alinthia series has just came out this year, the first book: The Lost Savior came out in February and now the second book out March 31, you bet you will be hook even more.  Of course, if you haven't read the first book yet, click on my review to read about it and go read it first and then come back and read this one.

And now, let's get to this review:

The Secret Heir by Siobhan Davis

36535758

The book picks up not far from where the first one ended, Tori is devastated but starting to get back on her feet.  She really doesn't have much of a choice, she needs to get back to the boys house and start training as much as she can so she get start getting control of her powers.  But it is easier said than done and the more time that passes the more frustrated and on edge Tori gets.  And to make things worse, Tori's vision is freaking her out and evil finds ways to freak her out even more.  She knows that she shouldn't keep secrets from the guys but when it's something that can ruin their relationship and their fate, she decides that it's better off not risking.

The mystery starts to get weirder and deeper and when someone someone new arrives and rocks their world upside down even more, Tori just can't shake the feeling that the boys are more in risk than ever.  But by the time she figures out what is going one, things take another turn that both the boys and Tori weren't expecting at all and it may be too late for both of them to save each other.

In this book we get to see Tori getting attached more and more with the boys, Coop as always been the more attached to Tori and in this book it's no different, well the only difference I guess is how much more jealous he is.  Maddox and Tori finally got more closer and it was hot, really hot and then their relationship got to the point where it was comfortable and cute and where Maddox wasn't afraid to express himself, I loved it.  But the one that I really loved the most was Beck's character development, he started the book as he was at the last one, wicked shy but as the book progressed so did Beck and by the end of the book he was so much more lay back and spoke more openly with Tori and expressed his feelings too, Beck is so freaking cute...you just cheer for him while you are reading (well at least I did, lol).  Dane...oh man, I think that I still don't know how I feel about him.  I want him in one page and the next page I want to kill him.  Ah, he gets me so frustrated which I don't even know how Tori does it.  At the end of the book, I got to understand him a little more, but man I felt like a little to late dude, right?

And can we talk about that ending?  No spoilers, but Holy MOLLY, I was not expecting that betrayal at all, poor Tori, it's like she can't catch a break and just when she finally got one answer, boom, her whole world gets turned upside down again.  And the boys?  Uh, what do you guys think is going to happen?

I cannot wait for the next book to find out what is going to happen, I literally cannot wait...

5 out of 5 stars for sure, I love when I don't see what is going to happen on a book and Siobhan totally did again with this book!!!!!  Totally recommend this series is you love reverse harem and aliens!

I voluntarily reviewed an advance, complimentary copy of this book!

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment