Pages

Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Book Review: Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis

I cannot believe that this is book 5 in the Kennedy Boys series...and the more I read of the series the more I want, that's how good this series keeps on getting.  So, I'm not going to talk to much before hand because I have quite a few to say about this book :)...let's get to the review.

But first, I want to say that I got an eARC from the author for my honest opinion and it is so my honest opinion... eheheh.  Okay, let's jump to the review now.


Saving Brad by Siobhan Davis

35195464


From GoodReads:
Brad 
I’m in love with my best friend’s girl.
She knows it. He knows it. Everyone knows it.
Faye will never be mine, but try telling that to my stupid heart. 
An endless rotation of girls streams in and out of my bedroom in a desperate attempt to forget her, but nothing eases the horrid ache in my chest. Rejection isn’t anything new for me, but it hasn’t gotten any easier.
Until she reappears in my life. Like an out-of-control tornado. Storming in, all fierce and angry, ready to steamroll everything in her path. Rachel is trouble with a capital T bundled in a gorgeous, sexy, Irish package.
She pushes all the wrong buttons, and I can’t decide if I want to yell at her or kiss her.
I should steer clear.
But I’ve never been very good at taking my own advice. Especially when it comes to girls I can’t have and shouldn’t want.

Rachel 
I need to escape.
To put as much distance between me and that monster so I can start living my life.
Yet, even the vast Atlantic Ocean isn’t enough to sever the connection. To allow me to forget how he’s ruined me. His hold is more than just physical. He has a vise grip on my head and my heart, and I can’t breathe, can’t think, can’t function.
So, I do everything to blot it out.
Until he reappears in my life.
Brad McConaughey. So hot. So infuriating. So in love with my best friend.
Every word out of Brad’s mouth makes me want to throat punch him or kick him in the nuts. 
But he makes me feel, and I hate him for it. A part of me might actually love him for it.
I should keep my distance, but like destructive magnets, we are drawn together.
This isn’t going to end well.
I know it. He knows it.
But we’re powerless to resist.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Brad has been Kyler's best friend since they were little kids, but these two have been through a few rough patches and the latest been Brad falling head over heels for Faye.   Even though Faye was up front with him and told him that Ky was the love of her life and that he couldn't ruin his friendship over something that could never exist, hard head Brad couldn't stop thinking about her the wrong way.  He was messed up, and let's be honest here, I freaking started to hate him and couldn't stand him in the last couple books.  Every time he would come up and start with the crap that he was still in love with Faye, I just wanted to shake him up or maybe slap him a couple times and tell him to grow up and move on.  

Now, let's talk about Rachel, I know there may be some people that may have not liked her before, but me?  I loved the girl and all that drinking and not caring?  I knew something was up and I couldn't wait for the day that Siobhan would write about about her.  But when she wrote one for her and Brad?  Uh, I wasn't so sure these two would be a match, he was such and ass and for me Rachel needed someone that would take care of her.  But of course Siobhan proved me wrong and outdid herself a million times.  I freaking loved this book, I didn't fly through it, I devoured it.  

Let's talk a little about what the actual book was about, no spoilers because you will appreciate not knowing too much going to it.  We all know that Brad has been on a bad place on the last couple books, but on this book we can really see how bad he really is.  He literally doesn't care about what people think about him, he just throws himself into alcohol and women, it gets so bad that even his football coach starts to notice.  But then Rachel comes to town and we get to know her a little bit and then a little more, and the more you get to know her the more you want to know, because Rachel is a mystery and she has secrets, secrets from many years, secrets that she has kept from her friends and family.  And those secrets are the reason that she decided to move to America to be away from it.  But, she can't keep running away from it forever, especially when those secrets don't want her to run away.  (be aware that in the book there is trigger warning but the way Siobhan writes it?  I seriously think it was well done and makes us realize that life is not always perfect but we always have to be there for our friends and have our eyes and ears open for them).  Rachel is a fighter and proved it until the very end of the book, did I say how much I love Rachel?  She is one of my new favorite characters in the Kennedy books!!!!  She isn't afraid to speak up and Oh Man, did she put Brad in his place a bunch of times lol.  Which in my opinion showed how much chemistry those two had.  

Brad and Rachel find in each other what they couldn't find alone, a way to find themselves, a way to find love again, to live life again and be happy.  This is not a typical love story but it's one that will touch your heart the same or more.  I could stay here writing about this book all day and all night, but I'm just going to finish it by saying you need to read it period and you will loved it.  

One more thing, 5 out of 5 stars.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment