Pages

Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Book Review: Loving Kalvin by Siobhan Davis

Guess what? It's time for another book review and not just another book review, it's book 4 of The Kennedy Boys and probably one of the favorites of the Kennedy boys too.  Have you started reading this series yet?  If not, what are you waiting for?  Here are my reviews for the first three books which is the trilogy about Fay and Ky and be prepared for a holler coaster, because it is nothing like you have read before. Finding Kyler, Losing Kyler, Keeping Kyler.  You may think it is while you are reading the first book, but stick around and grab that second book because the twists and surprises are there and you will love it...and I'm going to shut the heck up and get to this review because OH MY...this book was everything!!!!


Loving Kalvin by Siobhan Davis

34755754

From GoodReads:
Lana I knew it would end in disaster, but I didn’t listen to reason. I didn’t care. Because I loved him so much. Kalvin Kennedy ruled my heart. Until he destroyed it. Shattered it so completely that I became someone else. Someone I loathed. Someone who repeatedly lied to her loved ones.So, I ran. From him. From myself. Desperate to hide my new reality.But I could only run so far. When he reappears in my life, I’m terrified. Unbelievably scared of facing the consequences of my actions.Never mind that I still love him and want him so badly—there’s too much at stake now.How can I trust him with the biggest secret of all when he’s likely to rip my world apart again?
Kalvin Lana was always far too good for me. Everyone knew it but her. I tried to stay away, but I was weak. And I hurt her. Crushed her until she barely resembled herself. Forced her to follow a path she would never have willingly chosen. And then she was gone.And my world has never felt as empty, as lonely.She begged me to stay away. Not to find her. To forget she ever existed.But that’s like asking me to slice my heart in two and toss half aside. I’ve never believed in fate, but when I rock up to the University of Florida, I’m ready to eat my words.Because she’s here. Like I hoped she would be. And I’m determined to prove I deserve a second chance.


SPOILERS...

Lana and Kalvin's story is the love story that we all wanted and Siobhan didn't disappointed us at all.  She actually gave us more than we asked for.  

Lana, I'm not going to lie, you may start the book not liking her too much after what she did to Kalvin, but slowly and very slowly you warm up to her and start to understand and start to forgive to her.  

Kalvin, he is the same and not the same at the same time.  Am I even making sense?  He has changed on some expects, he is not the playboy that he was before, but he is the same caring Kalvin that we fell in love with.  

Kalvin had to work hard to win Lana back as she blamed herself over and over again for what she did to herself and to Kalvin the most and she just couldn't forgive herself at all and it took forever for her to realize that it was okay to let it go and to give their love and their relationship another change.  And not only that, she had to believe in Kalvin again and believe that he had changed and that he truly loved her and wanted to be with her.  

Not only these two have to work out old issues and secrets and old wounds, they also will have to work out new secrets too.  And also face together their families and friends and everyone in between.

This books gave me so many feelings, good feelings, really good feelings.  Once I started reading I couldn't stop and I now that I'm done I want more of these two.  Thank Go there will be more of the Kennedys and hopefully we will get to see more these lovely characters :)

How many stars?  I would give a million, but the max is 5 and 5 it is!!!!!!  I TOTALLY, TOTALLY recommend this book and all the ones that are out right one.  You will  not regret, be prepared because you will get sucked in and hocked on the Kennedys!  Can't wait for the next one!

XOXO,

Nelia


No comments:

Post a Comment