Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2017

Looking for Alaska by John Green

This is my third John Green book and by know I should know that something in this book was going to break my heart, right?  Wrong, so wrong...I will explain it at the end, let's review the book:

Looking for Alaska by John Green

99561

Before: Miles "Pudge" is done with his safe life at home. His whole life nothing really happens, and his obsession with famous last words has only made him crave "the Great Perhaps" even more.  He heads off to the sometimes crazy and anything but boring world of Culver Creek Boarding School, and his life becomes the opposite of safe.  Because down the hall is Alaska Young.  She is gorgeous, clever, funny, sexy, self-destructive, screwed up, and utterly fascinating Alaska Young.  She is an event unto herself.  She pulls Pudge into her world, launches him into the Great Perhaps and steals his heart.  Then...

After: Nothing is ever the same.


As I was reading this book, the Before, I thought it was such a great contemporary book about teenagers living the life at a boarding school.  Yes, they were crazy and yes, it drove me crazy that they smoked and drank and it was wrong, because I'm so against smoking and drinking, but in a book?  Heck with it, they were having fun and they were experimenting and whatever, I just wanted to see what the After was all about but I wasn't ready for THAT.  No spoilers because if you haven't read this book, I so don't want to spoil it for you but I can say one thing,be prepared for something major and be prepared to cry.  Because I wasn't and holly crazy did I freaking cry.

Do I recommend this book?  Yes, totally.  I ended up giving it 4.5 stars, the beginning dragged a little, I'm not going to lie but it was worth it, so worth, worth i to destroy my heart, but still worth it.

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment