Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Book Review; The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

Let's do this people...time for another review and let's review a book that I heard so many great things and when I picked it up it was nothing like I thought it was.  Have you ever picked up a book and this happened to you?  Let's review it:

The Star-Touched Queen by Roshani Chokshi

25203675

Maya is cursed.  Her horoscope promises a marriage of death and destruction and she has earned only the scorn and fear of her father's kingdom.  Content to follow more scholarly pursuits, her whole world is torn apart when her father, the Raja, arranges a wedding of political convenience to quell outside rebellions.  Soon Maya becomes the queen of Akaran and wife of Amar.  Roles that she never expected, as queen, she finds her voice and power and as Amar's wife?  She finds something else entirely: compassion, protection and desire...

But Akaran has its own secrets, there are thousands of doors locked, gardens of glass and a tree of memories instead of fruit.  Soon, Maya suspects her life is in danger, but who besides her husband can she trust?  Alone, Maya must unravel an ancient mystery that spans reincarnated lives to save those she loves the most...including herself.

This book had so many twists and turns, every time I thought I knew where it was going, it went the other way.  And for that I loved it, but at the same time I felt a little lost at times, don't get me wrong I loved not knowing where it was going as it kept me on the edge of my seat.  But, I think I felt like Maya, not knowing my own life story, lol, but it was all in good because half way through the book started to really pick up pace and the story line really started to all connect and it really all started to make sense.  Maya was a great character, I do wish she had a little more bit of confidence on herself but poor girl spending an entire life told she was cursed it wasn't easy, I get it.  Now, Amar?  He was such an interesting character, he was cruel when needed and an adoring husband at all times for Maya.  The perfect book boyfriend, right?

I ended up giving this book a 4 out of 5 stars, I did enjoy a lot and totally recommend.  The second book in this series is a companion book and I wonder how it will be, I'm hearing lots of good things so far.

Have you read The Star-Touched Queen?  What did you think of it?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment