Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2017

Book Review: Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

Book review time, I started the year pretty good, at least on the reading side, blogging?  Not so good, I ended up getting the stomach bug not once but more like 3 to 4 times, so the last few weeks I have been feeling not so good.  I have been drinking lots of tea and reading, which it's not 100% bad on the reading world but on my health world it is.  This week I feel not one hundred percent better but much, much better for sure, so it's time to catch up on so reviews...let's do this:

Stalking Jack the Ripper by Kerri Maniscalco

28962906

Audrey is seventeen years old and she is a lord's daughter, which means she is born into a life of wealth and social teas and silk dresses.  However, she leads a forbidden secret life, against society's expectations and especially her father's wishes, Audrey spends most of her days at her uncle's laboratory.  What she does there?  She studies the gruesome practice of forensic medicine and she loves it.  It's during one of her work of studying a killed corpse that Audrey gets dragged into the investigation of a serial murderer and her search for answers brings her close to her own world, closer than she ever imagined.

I had really high expectations from this book, I kept hearing really good things about it, but for almost half of the book it was kind of slow for me, the second half did picked up the pace and got me really interested and more on the edge of my seat trying to figure out who Jack the Ripper was.  I gotta say that the mystery was really well hidden and I didn't find out who it was until almost to the end, so that was pretty good writing on Kerri Maniscalco's part.  But I still wanted a little bit of more action in the beginning.  I still have ended up giving 4 out of 5 stars, because the mystery and ended was really well worth it.

Do I recommend it, yes I do, I still recommend it because Audrey wasn't afraid to risk anything, not even her life at times, yeah she was badass. 

Have you read it yet?

XOXO,

Nelia

No comments:

Post a Comment